Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

Try The Office in Upperthorpe, loads of space, and you don't HAVE to have the Disco or the grub there.

You know the Safeway on Infirmary Road? It's literally right behind there, just round the corner from the Upperthorpe Baths.

I know it's a good place cos we had me Mother's 50th there 5 years ago, and it were a great night :)

• 2 weeks later...

You should go and check out the Earl on queens rd (opposite halfords ) they have a nice big room you could use there and I am sure they would be more than happy just to put some subtle background music on for you...

the Manager there is called Greg I am sure he would love to help you ! goodluck! x and happy 40th

Where are you coming from?

Try the Lomas hall or the church hall in Stannington, I used the church hall for my birthday once, it has all the amenities

and if you do want to go to a pub after there's 4 in close range of each other.

I can pm you the tel # if you like.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Any body got any ideas of where we can go for a nice meal for about 70 people and a good party, not necessarily the same place. The reception venue doesn't have to have catering, we can sort that out, but it'd be nice if there were pleasant grounds/gardens. Somewhere we can have a live band would be good too.

We're not looking for anything too formal, just fun, but other than stuffy hotels we've no idea where to begin looking.

All help gratefully received!

Archived