Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

Hi everyone, i'm throwing a suprise 18th party for my best friend in febuary next year and I was wanting something locally either Handsworth or near Handsworth or something in the centre of town at a reasonable price. Mainly because its easier and we have more chance of people showing up if its easier to get to! Obviously because its an 18th we would want a bar :D if music is available that would be great at a reasonable price or i'm sure i could sort out our own DJ and food would be needed as well but again as long as its reasonable however this could also be provided.

If anyone has any offers or knows anywhere which is good from experience could you please let me know? I've never organised something like this before!

Regards Charlotte xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks, this is really urgent so I am also wanting to post it as a seperate thread if necessary; I am URGENTLY looking for a room/bar/club to hire for SATURDAY FEBRUARY 7TH (The date is non-negotiable, I'm afraid). Any venue offered has to be in, or near the city centre, and has to have PA equipment suitable for a live band, and decks for DJ's. I tried several city centre venues already over the past 5 weeks, but they were either just booked before I enquired, or the correct contacts were unavailable, or they are not available anyway on the date I requested even though one or other manager says that they should be.

Any DIRECT help from venue Managements would be MOST APPRECIATED, rather than suggestions to 'try xyz' as I most likely will have already tried any such popular suggestions.

If any venue has a cancellation for Sat 7th Feb, I would readily take up that slot.

Many Thanks and I hope you cna help!

:help:hi im looking to hire a function room for approx 150 people in july this year for my wedding reception. time between 7pm and midnight prefably with catering and disco included. just basic buffett like sausage rolls,sandwiches etc . i live in the manor area but have guests from parson cross,manor,woodhouse,waterthorpe,beighton,hackenthorpe attending! does anybody have any ideas? like working mens clubs,pubs or the like. tried hotels and that but its out of our budget range lol thanks:help:

:help:hi im looking to hire a function room for approx 150 people in july this year for my wedding reception. time between 7pm and midnight prefably with catering and disco included. just basic buffett like sausage rolls,sandwiches etc . i live in the manor area but have guests from parson cross,manor,woodhouse,waterthorpe,beighton,hackenthorpe attending! does anybody have any ideas? like working mens clubs,pubs or the like. tried hotels and that but its out of our budget range lol thanks:help:

Handsworh Workingmans on Handsworth R d have a function room with bar, we used it just before Christmas, they will get you a dj, he only charged us £90.

there are pubs dotted around with signs advertising free function rooms & buffet if you have a certain number of guests , i think that 1 opposite arena , bottom of broughton lane used to , whether it still does i dunno........ have a look at pubs as ur travelling round see if you can spot such signs & see how well served by transport etc they are , darnall has a good service with 52's etc

thanks everybody for your help. i have darnal libs number n also handsworth workin mans club number now. i tried embassy at intake n they were suppose to be sending me some info in november but never got it. i also have don valley sports academy in mind and handsworth rectory

Archived