Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

Like big church halls, it is a church hall!!! Isnt this The Handsworth Parish Centre

Thats right - we used to be called the Handsworth Parish Centre - we are the Old Rectory now. It is a popular missconception that we are the church hall - we are next to the church and in years gone we were the rectory and then the church hall, but these days we are much more than a church hall. We host up to 30 full weddings a year that we fully cater. We do Conferences for the NHS, the police etc but we also provide room rental to local families groups etc at an affordable rate in the same way a church hall does. Don't get me wrong Im proud of our links to the church - it is only that the last comment seemed to imply that there was something a little naff about church halls - or maybe I miss read the intention in which case im sorry.

Thats right - we used to be called the Handsworth Parish Centre - we are the Old Rectory now. It is a popular missconception that we are the church hall - we are next to the church and in years gone we were the rectory and then the church hall, but these days we are much more than a church hall. We host up to 30 full weddings a year that we fully cater. We do Conferences for the NHS, the police etc but we also provide room rental to local families groups etc at an affordable rate in the same way a church hall does. Don't get me wrong Im proud of our links to the church - it is only that the last comment seemed to imply that there was something a little naff about church halls - or maybe I miss read the intention in which case im sorry.

Sorry if I sounded negative, I know the place well I had a lot of dealing there when Ian was the rector and Ann the secetary there and know Steve (your bar man / manager) very well. My comment was that you made out that your room is like a church hall, when it is still a church hall no matter how much you decorate it or try to chnage the name it is still owned by the church and the parish and is still classed as the church hall by locals and used for various church activities. However I know the other rooms have been refurbished very well and they look nice and it is a nice place to hold a function.

• 1 month later...
Erm, not wishing to state the obvious, but how about the Classic Rock Bar? Room 2 holds up to 70 people. Room 1 is bigger. DJ can be provided as can food, or you can bring your own.

ROOM HIRE WILL BE FREE - just drink loads at the bar!

sorry, on your tagline it says your a dj? This true? If so we are looking for one for a 25th wedding anniversary at end of january around 35 people, if you are please get back to me with prices etc =D w

The Classic Rock Bar closed 4 years ago, that's how old this thread is. I am a DJ however and available for private hire for weddings, discos and karaokes. I've sent you a PM.

hi buffy, unfair advantage being a moderator you know! you get to grab the gigs first! lol! :D

if you dont behave, i will come to one of your gigs and start singing! :banana::clap::partyhat::headbang:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Our little one's first birthday is fast approaching, a mix of local and friends travelling up for the weekend and probably staying in the peak district, got me thinking of doing something out that way so could go for a good walk as well, has anybody had a private function at any of the pubs in the Peak District, just looking for a room with good beer and food...........

Cheers,

Webkey

• 3 weeks later...
the cremorne London rd hires its self for events?

I need a venue for a 30th birthday party in town. it will be for about 30 people.

i dont want a crappy pub or town hall, i want a bar in the city centre. (forum, bungalows & bears type places)

anyone know of anything? all i can think of is the upstairs room at revolution bar but not to keen on that place.

I need a venue for a 30th birthday party in town. it will be for about 30 people.

i dont want a crappy pub or town hall, i want a bar in the city centre. (forum, bungalows & bears type places)

anyone know of anything? all i can think of is the upstairs room at revolution bar but not to keen on that place.

Hi there,

Please take a look at our website, we're also now on facebook.

Give us a call for any further queries & ask for Michael or Jeanette.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Archived