Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

I am looking for a DJ with Disco and if possible, Karaoke equipment on the 23rd July 2011 for an engagement party at a venue in Sheffield S6. If anybody has any availability for this date could please pm me with your prices etc.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi there, we are looking for a small venue for an engagement party, somewhere basically which is a room to hire with a bar, where we would be able to put our own buffet spread on - north Sheffield such as S6 or Grenoside or S5? Any suggestions? Not really wanting a pub where any old Joe could join the party although if it was a pub with a separate room and bar that would work. MAybe a working men's club? The social club at Niagra would be a good idea but it's tooooo big! :)

TIA! :)

Last year I attended a party at the dance studio near the Peugeot dealer on Penistone Road. (Sorry, I can't remember the name, and cannot get streetview at present to check). They hired a room with a bar. This overlooked a dance studio. Although it was an adult who had the party, a lot of the guests had young children (mostly toddlers and infant school age). The kids, and some adults, could dance away to their hearts content in the 'disco' room, while the parents could drink and talk in peace, but also keep an eye on the kids.

The food was Meat & Potato pie & Peas - which went down very well. I don't know if the food was provided by the place or not.

For a grown up party which catered well for kids i thought it worked well.

Sounds good, that'll be City Limits. Will put them on the list! :)

Yes it is. The name had escaped me when I posted. In the room I was in there were probably about 30 to 40 people, which it coped with OK. Also it was a pleasant place to be - nice decor etc, not run down like some pubs and clubs sometimes are.

Archived