The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

Originally posted by Cyclone

whatever.... where is my butter?

Sorry....no one wants to answer you. As Worf said regarding the bumpy heads in an episode of DS9 (Trials and Tribbleations...damn I'm such a geek!) "It's very embarrasing!"

When the design of the tubs was changed from pre built to flat-pak (you may recall the old tubs were solid construction), it became apparant that they 'leaked'!

You see, because we 'pop the boxes' into shape, it leaves a crack at the base of the box. First few weeks of using them, and we had a few dry cleaning bills to settle as customers, with popcorn on their laps, found butter had soaked into their clothes. Oops! Design flaw!

It was never really that popular either, unfortunately, and for every portion of butter we would use, we would throw away 30. So, again, it was seen as non-profitable (I never deny that we are a business), and was abandoned completely instead of returning to pre-built boxes.

So, I say to you, Cyclone, that I am sorry that we can't give you butter. I am also sorry that it took this long for someone to tell you.

If you need a shoulder...I'm here dude. Let it out! ;)

You could always go to a restaurant and nick loads of those soft butter portions. Then, when you get your popcorn, sit with popcorn on lap, take out portion and melt. For this I recommend a pair of tweezers to hold and unwrap the portion, and a zippo lighter. Simply heat up butter in the sealed wrapper with zippo, then carefully open up over the popcorn.

Admittedly you would probably get warned for trying to set fire to teh screens...and in a worse case scenario you could set your popcorn on fire, and create mass panic as the fire alarm goes off....but hey...it's an addiction! ;)

Okay, the 'baboon' thing was a little harsh.

Are there no disgruntled UGC employees? Does everyone who work there absolutely love it? What about that girl who serves on the cash desk during the day who always looks like she is bored out of her mind?

Originally posted by Cyclone

damn.

it's a good reason.

But I don't have to like it.

If only there were a cinema left that offered butter, they could have my custom.

Instead, i'm blockbuster all the way, except when i need an immediate fix.

I know!!! The only cinemas I have seen this in, in the past few years are ones in US and Canada. The Prince Charles in Leicester Square have little sachets if you ask for them. The commute is a bi*ch though.

Originally posted by AndyC123

In my experience the customer relations is the best I've seen for a long time, because frankly.. at lot of the customers are whinging morons (present company included) who are stuck in the past and make ludicrous complaints every time they come (notice the fact they KEEP coming back as mentioned lots of times before). It is these customers that can take along walk off a short cliff because they are totally unprofitable in every way, and would make all our lives a lot more pleasant by going to live in a cave somewhere.

A lot of the times, it is their own fault that the complaint arose anyway because they couldnt be bothered to get off their arses and tell somebody!

You should email this to UGC customer services! I'm sure they'll love the way you are ridiculing their customers on a public forum.

1 thing i do agree with that always makes me laugh is when there is a problem with screen/projection/sound etc and everyone in the cinema sits there waiting for someone else to go. you sit. you wait. i feel like cheering when someone stands, huffs and then makes their way to the foyer. i never go. spineless ya see. scared of the UGC staff. especially now. they don't take criticism lightly!

Is UGC some kind of cult or something? I thought all the people who work there would hate their job (given the looks on their faces) but it seems they love the company and hate the customers... this is a very strange training process that they have.

The experience of going is secondary.

frankly.. at lot of the customers are whinging morons (present company included)

The thing about FILM (I bet UGC enourage you to write it in capitals, don't they?) being first just makes me laugh. I know one of the people who works there has got a film degree... that person at least must admit that UGC couldn't give a rats ass about FILM, but rather about profit... And as said, the customers experience comes second.

On the other point, if most of your customers are 'whinging morons' then I would suggest that you are not doing a very good job. Of course they come back, there isn't much choice for watching films is there (although a great deal stay away completely, or go to one of the other cinemas) but that doesn't mean you offer a good service.

Good service and an enjoyable experience would mean less whinging customers (present company included) but it would also mean less profit for the shareholders... so it won't happen. It'd also mean they'd have to pay you better wages, so that they wouldn't have to use students who need beer money, or people with other jobs, as you pointed out.

Originally posted by HottyMcBuff

You should email this to UGC customer services! I'm sure they'll love the way you are ridiculing their customers on a public forum.

I thought that was a good point, so I emailed them to complain about being insulted by their staff and sent them a link to this thread. I doubt they'd care, but they should really work on their customer service.

Archived