The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

Originally posted by BillyBob

Virgin was the crapest cinema ever!

The war of the worlds 3 is going to be the best film EVER!

Anyone that says different doesn't have a clue.

I say different (mainly cos I'm wondering what film is War of the Worlds 3), but I don't have a clue. Here's me thinking It's A Wonderful Life is the best film ever. My mistake...nothing to see here...move along!

Great 2nd post. I wish you a long and happy forum life with little to no flaming for being an egotistical grammatically challenged individual.

Originally posted by AndyC123

The escalator has recovered and is fine now people :D

Robbie: what do yo mean: "films finish at the same time" policy?? It's very rare that lots of films end at the same time.

And the 'rover', the floor team do screenchecks every 30-60 mins which are recorded (for audit purposes) in which we check fire exit signs, aisle lighting, picture, sound and look for any trouble in the audience. The trouble is when people see staff entering they shut up.

CCTV in the screens would no doubt violate SOME kind of regulation about recording equipment in the auditoria, even if it is for security purposes :rolleyes:

Plus it owuld be costly to install and man.

You keep talking about the 'risk' of a film been disrupted? Depending what time you go and what film to see, the 'risk' can be nearly zero. Besides: "Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair." Theres a lower risk of me DYING if I take the tram to work, yet I still choose to drive. I think you are being too over cautious. Plus if anything does happen you can complain and try to wangle a refund!

;)

They changed the scheduling last year so that films came out at the same time so it was a mad rush to clean the screens before the next lot went in.

erm this would be the new Cruise/Speilberg film which has moved the story?

I say anyone who thinks this will be the best film ever clearly doesn't have a clue:heyhey:

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

We try to avoid it though...but accident on sceduling happen (usually when the running time of a film is quoted wrong by the distributers).

It's all fun! :)

no, it was a specific management "plan" that must have lasted for only a short period (one of those plans that they don't actually bother to ask the staff if it is feasable first)

PROJECTIONISTS:

I don't understand thr argument that they are better at the Showroom than UGC. Personally, they often tend to be a bit of a joke at the Showroom (especially with lost sound)

Originally posted by robbie

no, it was a specific management "plan" that must have lasted for only a short period (one of those plans that they don't actually bother to ask the staff if it is feasable first)

I can honestly say there was never any plan in place for it to happen....it just did.

Originally posted by AndyC123

To serapis: Have you been to easy cinema?? I watched a documentary on it and if it hasn't shut down already, it soon will. None of the major film distributors will let them have any films (so no blockbusters there then) and apparently theres no atmosphere and is not a very nice place to sit in for 2 hours! Plus, all that orange?? I'd be sick :o

Andy,

The Easy Cinema in Milton Keynes used to be an ODEON (i think) and was only sold off because the Xscape centre was built almost on its doorsteps with a brand new UGC inside. Admittedly it wasn't a great place to go see a film and the screens are on the small side, but that wasn't my point. I was saying that if UGC only makes any operating profits from selling massively over priced food, how come Easy cinema, who sells tickets at almost half the price of UGC and encourages you to bring you own food is able to operate.

My point being, the roomers that UGC only makes profit from selling over prices popcorn and cola bottles is put about so that we the public don’t get narked for paying their inflated prices. It’s all to do with PR.

Oh and all the films on at the Sheffield UGC are on at the easy cinema too, so yes major film distributors are allowing their films to be shown there!

Archived