The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

UGC is Chavsville. I recommend Cineworld in Chezzy. I know it's not in Sheff but it's not far off. They've got a high proportion of camp staff for some reason. Go on tight-arse Tuesdays for the best value. Always smuggle in own cans of pop, sweets, fish n chips etc to avoid outrageous prices.

Originally posted by cowgirl

UGC is Chavsville. ..Always smuggle in own cans of pop, sweets, fish n chips etc to avoid outrageous prices.

Yeah an I'm sure people LOVE sitting in the stink of your fish and chips!! how inconsiderate!!!!

are you scared the chavs may outsmart you or summat?!

UGC is definitely better than the Odeon IMO, as it's cheaper, and the seats offer considerably more leg room.

It's also easier to get to than Odeon, to get to Odeon you have to get off Tram at Castle Square and then walk right up Arundel Gate, whereas UGC has its very own Tram stop.

Yup...that is a good offer we are doing at present! For those too lazy to click the links (I know I usually don't bother), the offer is...

If you book The Life Aquatic online at UGC, you get a FREE copy of The Royal Tenenbaums (and not a simple 1 disc vanilla edition either...it is the 2 disc special edition)

Damned good value.

BTW: Cheers whomever changed the thread name.

Im a UGC cardholder and really like the cinema, its spacious and comfy. Noticed theres alot more snacks to choose from now but still a tad expensive!

Two things that really annoys me:

People chatting during the film and having to actually turn round to tell them to shut up and if they still carry on then i have to go out and find a member of staff. Usually once you tell them to be quiet they do but on other occassions they dont and staff comes in, tells them but doesnt get taken away?! Ok i do understand why at some level but at the same time they caused so much disruption they should be taken out. Its a good thing ive got a card and i can watch the film another time but if I had to pay i would want compensated for the disruption and inconvience. I just dont get why people pay x amount of money to go and watch a film when they're gonna chat all the way through it :rant:

Second is kids especially in the hoildays, running from screen to screen getting freeviews!! Bf and i was in one of the premiere screens watching a horror, in the middle of the film, 2 little kids comes in and sits behide us. So I asked them, do you have tickets to see this film (knowing fine well they wouldnt) and they said no we better go.!!

Another time in the afternoon not many people about in the cinema, bf and i was walking to our screen and we seen 3 young boys running out of a screen and one of them said to another, Seen that one already! Lets go see whats on all the other screens!

There no was no staff about either..

Rant over

:rant:

We try to catch as many screen jumpers as we can, and there are now groups who do not even get as far as the box office before we cart them out (they've been caught before, and we don't allow them in the building). It amuses me whenever they sneak into shows that staff are watching on days off. Talk about wrong screen at wrong time!

With regards to disruptives in screens...I empathise. As mentioned earlier, whenever a member of staff walks in, most groups simply shut up, so it can be hard to identify problems. Hence, if someone complains, our initial task will be to issue a warning to the group (we only have another customer's word that they were disruptive, and have, in the past, ejected one group on the word of another, only to be told by other customers that the group we ejected were only telling the first group to be quiet.)

Issueing the warning works in most cases. It also allows us to see exactly where this potential trouble is, so that, when we check the screens, or are alerted that they are still disruptive, we can go straight to them and boot them out.

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

We try to catch as many screen jumpers as we can, and there are now groups who do not even get as far as the box office before we cart them out (they've been caught before, and we don't allow them in the building). It amuses me whenever they sneak into shows that staff are watching on days off. Talk about wrong screen at wrong time!

With regards to disruptives in screens...I empathise. As mentioned earlier, whenever a member of staff walks in, most groups simply shut up, so it can be hard to identify problems. Hence, if someone complains, our initial task will be to issue a warning to the group (we only have another customer's word that they were disruptive, and have, in the past, ejected one group on the word of another, only to be told by other customers that the group we ejected were only telling the first group to be quiet.)

Issueing the warning works in most cases. It also allows us to see exactly where this potential trouble is, so that, when we check the screens, or are alerted that they are still disruptive, we can go straight to them and boot them out.

Beakerzoid, what would you do for Unlimited customers who have had a disrupted performance? Those who "buy" tickets are usually refunded with a coupon for another performance. Does UGC have a policy about what to do in these circumstances?

By the way, went to see Criminal on Saturday. Clean screen, no projection problems and no disruption! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Archived