The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

I did ask a guy on the desk, and he informed me they've "changed their Nachos policy". Made me laugh... maybe there's a document somewhere:

UGC CINEMAS

Nachos Policy 2005

Ok... compromise.... If it is simply they are using too much sauce (which I find difficult to believe as I'm only after 1/2 and 1/2, not 2 full portions), how about you simply pay an extra 10-20p for the 2nd sauce option.

Honestly...The things you have to do to get Nachos how you like em..........

Originally posted by holster100

I did ask a guy on the desk, and he informed me they've "changed their Nachos policy". Made me laugh... maybe there's a document somewhere:

UGC CINEMAS

Nachos Policy 2005

Ok... compromise.... If it is simply they are using too much sauce (which I find difficult to believe as I'm only after 1/2 and 1/2, not 2 full portions), how about you simply pay an extra 10-20p for the 2nd sauce option.

Honestly...The things you have to do to get Nachos how you like em..........

But do you got to Ford and say I'd like this mondeo half black and half metallic azure blue? No, and even if you did want that they probably wouldn't make it for ya.

Im still struggling to understand how mixing the cheese and salsa is even edible.. let alone palletable :gag:

Originally posted by AndyC123

But do you got to Ford and say I'd like this mondeo half black and half metallic azure blue? No, and even if you did want that they probably wouldn't make it for ya.

No, because taking it back to the paintshop and doing that would probably be very hard for them, and cost them a lot of money. Whereas asking the droid behind the counter at UGC to press half as hard on the squirty, twice as often, isn't exactly going to tax their abilities. Or is it?

Originally posted by DanSumption

No, because taking it back to the paintshop and doing that would probably be very hard for them, and cost them a lot of money. Whereas asking the droid behind the counter at UGC to press half as hard on the squirty, twice as often, isn't exactly going to tax their abilities. Or is it?

Don't patronise the staff.. you have no right.

I actually saw a customer today who had a regular nachos, with cheese, salsa AND onions on them. Maybe he had a charm, or even a general pleasantness that some of you lack when asking for 'extras'

Went to the cinema last night, thought id get the hotdog offer. Went to the counter and asked for 2 hotdogs both with cheese and i got a reply back saying i couldnt have cheese on it except for onions! I was so surprised to hear that! I asked the staff why? He said, Coz we dont! So i asked, Why not? There must be a reason. He said because of portion control!! I never got the hotdogs.

I was so surprised to hear that and hotdogs with cheese just aint right?! :loopy: maybe its just me :D But still I couldnt believe when the staff said that to me!

And I didnt realise with nachos you couldnt get the salsa and cheese together now until i read it on here...I thought you could. But I only ever have cheese with it.

Andy C..maybe the customer was staff.. ;)

Originally posted by funkyukgal

But still I couldnt believe when the staff said that to me!

All the decisions regarding popcorn, nachos, hotdogs, beer, admission, marketing, etc... are made at company level i.e. we have absolutely NO input over them whatsoever.

Hounding the staff over a decision that has been made by somebody in a white shirt and tie hundreds of miles away in a big office is totally out-of-order!!!

Originally posted by AndyC123

Don't patronise the staff.. you have no right.

Actually, the staff at the UGC food counter are usually very friendly, but if you start questioning them about the food portions then they morph into robots and parrot "I am sorry, it is company policy". No additional explanation given. In that respect, my experience was very like funkyukgal's.

I was in there a while ago and an old woman was in the queue in front of me. She was quite obviously shocked when she was asked for about £5 for her measly few items. "Goodness, is that right, it seems very expensive", she said. The woman at the counter giggled and said very sheepishly "yes, it is isn't it".

Personally I think UGC are unfair on their staff, putting them in the frontline in this way. It's almost as unethical as telesales.

The only reason I was being patronising in my post was because, AndyC123, you were extremely patronising in expecting customers to believe that squirting a dollop of sludge onto a nacho tray is in any way similar to painting a car.

Originally posted by Leebo84

Hounding the staff over a decision that has been made by somebody in a white shirt and tie hundreds of miles away in a big office is totally out-of-order!!!

In which bit of the post did it make you make the assumption i was *hounding* the staff?

I dont think asking the staff why you cant have the cheese on the hotdog anymore is called hounding!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by funkyukgal

Went to the cinema last night, thought id get the hotdog offer. Went to the counter and asked for 2 hotdogs both with cheese and i got a reply back saying i couldnt have cheese on it except for onions! I was so surprised to hear that! I asked the staff why? He said, Coz we dont! So i asked, Why not? There must be a reason. He said because of portion control!! I never got the hotdogs.

I was so surprised to hear that and hotdogs with cheese just aint right?! :loopy: maybe its just me :D But still I couldnt believe when the staff said that to me!

And I didnt realise with nachos you couldnt get the salsa and cheese together now until i read it on here...I thought you could. But I only ever have cheese with it.

Andy C..maybe the customer was staff.. ;)

cheese on hotdogs!!!! you freak:D

Archived