The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the original topic of this thread: I just got back from UGC (saw Robots, screen 15). The entire film was out-of-focus, so badly so that I got a headache trying to concentrate. I'm sure I remember one of the UGC bods posting here that projection is always OK for the main feature: not in this case.

(No, I didn't complain because I had a 4-year-old with me and didn't fancy dragging her out and back down two sets of escalators once the film had started, and besides it's easier to vent my spleen here)

Originally posted by DanSumption

Back to the original topic of this thread: I just got back from UGC (saw Robots, screen 15). The entire film was out-of-focus, so badly so that I got a headache trying to concentrate. I'm sure I remember one of the UGC bods posting here that projection is always OK for the main feature: not in this case.

(No, I didn't complain because I had a 4-year-old with me and didn't fancy dragging her out and back down two sets of escalators once the film had started, and besides it's easier to vent my spleen here)

they dont check. There would be someone around outside.

Went to see the Ring 2 and Be Cool this weekend. Ring2 was okay, not as scary as the first one and Be Cool wasnt as funny as I thought it would be but it was good :)

I would like praise a manager called Kathryn for helping me Other Half try to find his mobile. She was very helpful and did everything she could have to help find it. She even went to get a cordless phone from the office and back to the screen (which was one of the big screens and we were sitting half way to the top, lots of stairs!!) and phoned the mobile. But couldnt hear it, so she gave us a number to contact her if we couldnt find it in the car which OH thought it might have dropped out of pocket. And guess what?? it was in the car!! :rolleyes:

Really appreciated her help and had to mention her on here because theres not enough good things said about UGC. Her customer skills/service was spot on and she was really nice. Bless her. :) I dont think most people would go through half of what she did to help us.

Abit off topic now! Still dont know who beakerzoid (whats your real name again?) and i think andy but without the name tag will be abit hard to find!! description might be good :D Dont suppose Beakerzoid looks like a youngish roughly shaven guy? Dark hair? no name tag....

hehe yeah Kat is good with things like that! She's mine and AndyC's line manager.

AndyM (Beakerzoid) wears a suit coz he's a manager, has very short hair and wears round glasses.

I wasn't impressed with Ring 2 either - it just dragged a lot for me! On the other hand, watched the first 30 mins of Bullet Boy in my break and I will most definitely be watching the rest at some point: Asher D (of previous So Solid Crew fame) is a pretty damn good actor, and (so far) the film paints an interesting picture of the gun culture in London where the lads feel it necessary to prove their manliness with violence!!

Miss Congeniality 2 isn't that bad! I havn't seen the first one though.

I think your thinking of Guy, he wears a grey suit sometimes.

Bulletboy is a bit of a chav flick I'm afraid. Even though they could never comprehend the film, they see the word "bullet" and "that bloke from so solid crew" and they are in there before you can say 'Burberry'

Archived