The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

it makes me laugh how the UGC react on here. There is bad and there is good but for crying out loud be honest. I know all the rubbish you get fed 9we all get the same in all lines of work0 use your initiative to think please.

Originally posted by Hook

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've been to the UGC at least 4 times a month since I've been here in September and never once had any issues with projection

Maybe you don't have the same obsessive eye that some of us do. We are sad, we do have an eye for detail and we will complain about the smallest little things to get free tickets!!

Originally posted by lee_at_69

Maybe you don't have the same obsessive eye that some of us do. We are sad, we do have an eye for detail and we will complain about the smallest little things to get free tickets!!

Now that's what I call honesty! ;)

A little point of interest for those of you who were wondering... We will be changing name to Cineworld in early August (assuming all goes to plan). The merger which took place last year allowed us to trade as UGC for a further year, so as we rapidly approach the end of that year it is time for rebranding.

Your Unlimited cards are safe...Cineworld plan to adopt them across all their sites too...and it will, for all intents and purpose, be business as usual.

You may have noticed the inclusion of Bollywood films (and new ones at that) recently. That is a Cineworld idea. We still intend to continue with the rest of the film strategy (mix of blockbuster, indie, foreign), and having the 20 screens helps.

Just thought some of you may have found that info interesting.

Alternatively the British will put up with the worst possible sevice/food etc and if asked how things are by staf willl say, Fine, lovely wasn't it dear.

One manager mentioned he was checking screensone and came across one where the focus had gone out really badly, he got it sorted but commented, 'they all just sat there as if nothing was wrong Not one person came out to say anything.' They probably went home saying 'film was a bit crap' without realising why.

On the other hand maybe the chap in question needs his eyes checking or maybe has glasses and doesn't wear them, so how will he notice. Known plenty of peoplewho do just that.

Originally posted by troyhark

or maybe has glasses and doesn't wear them, so how will he notice. Known plenty of peoplewho do just that.

My wife used to need glasses (probably still does, she just hasn't worn any for about 10 years) but never brought them with her to the cinema. This is how I got into the habit of always sitting in the front three rows. Now I hate sitting anywhere else. Friends say "but you can't see all of the screen from there", I don't care, I'd rather feel immersed in the film (and not much usually goes on at the edges anyway). And besides, if I'd wanted to sit at the back so I can see all of the screen (which is what my in-laws like to do) I might as well watch TV.

Also, at the Showroom the front row is the only place where my legs will fit (unless I sit by an aisle and get a crick in my back from sitting sideways)

Originally posted by DanSumption

My wife used to need glasses (probably still does, she just hasn't worn any for about 10 years) but never brought them with her to the cinema. This is how I got into the habit of always sitting in the front three rows. Now I hate sitting anywhere else. Friends say "but you can't see all of the screen from there", I don't care, I'd rather feel immersed in the film (and not much usually goes on at the edges anyway). And besides, if I'd wanted to sit at the back so I can see all of the screen (which is what my in-laws like to do) I might as well watch TV.

Also, at the Showroom the front row is the only place where my legs will fit (unless I sit by an aisle and get a crick in my back from sitting sideways)

In the normal sized screens (ie not screen 6 / 7 / 8 ) I tend to sit in row E or F in the middle. After reading this thread yesterday we ended up going to UGC last night (we saw The Pacifier - ughhh mindless drivel) and I noticed what you meant about a "soft" and clearly out of focus (that's nearly an oxymoron!) picture.

Archived