The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

LOL at above post!

Was there not a Cineworld 'no talking etc' tag before the adverts. I know from my visits to Cine sites that they have it before everything (whereas we have it after the ads and trailers). Unfortunately, if it is the same one it is a really embarrassing and dated CGI female (Lara-esque) shushing people and karate kicking cigarettes etc. Dreadful!

Erm....anyway...sounds like they have had a pretty bad time of it there. Although it is highly possible that the rebranding only just took place yesterday, and the fact that the signage had "fallen off" was that it hadn't been fully mounted yet. This would also explain the lack of full range of films (need to tag all the prints with Cine logo, and remove the UGC tags - thus first few showings cancelled), and the lack of the 'don't talk' bits (may not have got around to inserting them). I will check tomorrow to see when they were scheduled for rebranding, but I think it was around now.

As for the digitals.....

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

There may well have been a no talking tag before all the adverts but we walked in just after they'd started. I really enjoy the UGC tags, they're scuttle and not too in your face, and I really missed the Orange tag 'Don't let a mobile ruin your movie' before the start of the feature. Is this a permanent sign of things to come?

It just looked as if a half-arsed job has been done up there. I suppose it takes time to sort things out, and as the actual staff at the cinema aren't changing then it shouldn't be all that much different, at least once it's fully completed - at least thats what im holding onto!

The Unlimited card went up 2 months ago to £10.99 after staying at £9.99 for the past 4 years. An extra quid in 4 years isn't that much to ask is it?

Hook - The Cine sites I visited still ran the Orange ads, so it probably is just to do with the transition. They would have ahd to remove all the UGC branding, and probably just stripped the prints down to the basic film to build up from there. I certainly hoipe we are keeping them.

We too will miss the UGC ads...dated as they are, they aren't patronising. When you see the Cine one you will cry! Shame that we will be moving to Carlton instead of P&D sometime soon too....always associate the P&D 'Asteroids' theme with movie going. Ah well!

Originally posted by Cyclone

the one thing that annoys me is that they charge more if you book online.

it saves them money damn it. They need less staff on tills, the experience is more pleasant for everyone as the queuing time is shorter. Why should I pay 50p more when it benefits them as much as me?

That also cheeses me off, as I always buy my tickets online I would expect a quid of or something !

The Unlimited card went up 2 months ago to £10.99 after staying at £9.99 for the past 4 years. An extra quid in 4 years isn't that much to ask is it?

Isn't it more like, "The Unlimited card went up 2 months ago to £10.99 after staying at £9.99 for the past 4 years. An extra 12 quid a year isn't that much to ask is it?

Hook - The Cine sites I visited still ran the Orange ads, so it probably is just to do with the transition. They would have ahd to remove all the UGC branding, and probably just stripped the prints down to the basic film to build up from there. I certainly hoipe we are keeping them.

We too will miss the UGC ads...dated as they are, they aren't patronising. When you see the Cine one you will cry! Shame that we will be moving to Carlton instead of P&D sometime soon too....always associate the P&D 'Asteroids' theme with movie going. Ah well!

I had a powerpoint presentation that I used as part of the teaser for students at the local 6th form up in the north-east that opened with the pearl and dean theme, along with a caption "recognise this? you soon will" and it's a shame that it'll no longer apply.

I completely associate it with the cinema, and it really just won't be the same. I've never been to a cinema that uses Carlton advertising, but that's because up here on Teesside we've only got (had) UGC and a Showcase!

Originally posted by troyhark

And some people say Macdonald's food to be perfectly acceptable.

Not everyone has such low standards., thank God, other wise we'd still be using cave paintings to entertain ourselves.

And you know anything about me at all?

Pray tell where I should go to see films that aren't on at the Showroom then?

####

Archived