The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

I think you've misinterpreted my post. I was not referring to the films shown, but quality of presentaion.

Have you not read the rest of this thread? It's mainly to do with the poor quality of projection and sound.

MacDs serve pieces of 'meat' and slivers of 'potato' like many other establishments, but it's not exactly steak and chips. Some people see MaccyDs as delicious food, others think it's not fit for a dog.

If you're not noticed any problems with projection or sound then you've either been extremely lucky or you are not very observant. Which would be ironic given your nom de plume.

Apologies, i did misunderstand the post.

Nope, i never had any problems at all when i've been. yeah, it's not great and to be honest some of the films I'd rather watch at the Showroom but they won't show them. It's a bit dirty and a bit chaotic at times, but honestly, I have never had any sound or vision issues there at all.

As a fan of foriegn films, the Showrooms ambience suits them down to the ground.

Unfortunately, the Showroom can't show all the films i'd like to see, but then again, I'm very fussy, I don't fall for hype or bobbins.

But without the showroom i'd never have seen La Haine, Ginger Snaps, Hero, HOFD, Brotherhood of the Wolf and no one ever shows Godzilla films (proper japenese men in suits one's, not the awful US one)

have to agree with the quality.every film i have seen recently seems to have the film stip edge down the right hand side. wpndered if it could be related to seating positions?

sound has been ok recently but they did have a spell where the sound kept going mono all the time.

but for a fiver a time what do u want.

We've been to UGC today, to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I asked for an unemployment concession, only to be told they don't do them. I said I'd had one the week before (the first time I've ever asked for it), only to be told they'd never done that concession. The guy asked the one next to him, who was some sort of manager, who also said they'd never done it, and tried to make out the person who let me have it last week was in the wrong.

It even says on their own website they do it, which is the only reason I asked in the first place!

https://www.ugccinemas.co.uk/popup/ticket_types.html

On top of all that, there were projection problems with the start of the the film. :rolleyes:

As an unlimited card holder, when are we going to receive a letter to be informed of the change?

Think it is a bit rubbish really as if it wasn't for the forum, I would not know about this.

Worried that from having mucho choice in cinemas for the last few years (Crystal peaks, Meadowhall, Odeon and Showroom) that all these choices are becoming slightly marred by shoddy quick fix changes or closure - if C Peaks was still open, would the prices be shooting up that much? When UGC took over from Virgin, they improved the place not worsened it which is why i got a card for then rather than choosing a cinema.

My friend swears the price has gone up 20p every time she visits with me. (And that's not once a year!)

Originally posted by EdnaKrabappe

As an unlimited card holder, when are we going to receive a letter to be informed of the change?

Maybe yours got lost in the post ? I got my letter weeks ago :)

10.99 squid a month is pretty good really, just a pity we don't get a discount on food/drink like we did when Virgin owned the cinema before UGC did :(

Originally posted by rtapper

Maybe yours got lost in the post ? I got my letter weeks ago :)

10.99 squid a month is pretty good really, just a pity we don't get a discount on food/drink like we did when Virgin owned the cinema before UGC did :(

The Unlimited card was only introduced when UGC had took over the business. Before then you bought the 4 week passes as and when you wanted them. I don't ever recall a discount on food from it (I know...I was a customer then).

In fact since UGC introduced the Unlimited various cardholder offers have been introduced from time to time. Our last deals were done only a few months back. (In fact look back on page 13/14 of this very thread when the vouchers offer was mentioned)

We used to get a discount at the Virgin screen shop and also on the food - I know because I religiously used it every time I went there when Mr Branson's mob owned the place.

Yeah we got UGC vouchers - used my Nestea voucher - wasnt bad - but it'd be cool if we got say 10% off food/drink all the time on production of our card at the till :thumbsup:

Archived