The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

Originally posted by rtapper

What would be good is if they had a text number for reporting problems - often the adverts are ok but then when the film starts the problems start then - having a phone/text number would save people leaving seats etc.

This is potentially a good idea but think of the abuse it could attract. We may end up banning more idiots!

i'm afraid i agree with Dan. if i complete paperwork and there is an error that costs money the clients aren't expected to pay 'cos i'm not doing my job .neither do i expect them to correct spelling mistakes when form filling.

i do my job accurately & make time to complete complex forms, under pressure with often a degree of animosity.

why should i go to ugc & do the job of a member of staff.

i'm not blaming the "staff" but perhaps the ladies in the suits, swanning around celebrating when somebody has passed there driving test should be in the cinema checking them.

likwise with noisy viewers, how obvious is it if i go out of the cinema to report them to be followed back in by a member of staff. fair enough no need to worry in a pg film, but in a late night showing when people have gone str8 from the pub to the ugc.

common sense & safety dictate i keep quiet,moan about it & advise others not to visit.

That's a curious analogy you use. Surely if you had made a mistake, and a customer notices it, the customer would point it out to you before signing everything, not simply sign everything then moan about it to someone else that they are now tied into a dodgy contract?

We are not asking you to do a staff members job...we are asking you to complain there and then if you find a problem, not sulk, and storm off to whine on a forum.

As for the dig at the ladies in the suit celebrating - I'm sure, when at work, you never communicate with your collegues about anything in their personal life, and are simply a drone in a machine...am I right? Sorry, but if someone I work with has achieved something to be pleased with, I will offer my congratulations. I seriously doubt that they spent all night swanning around and dancing the "driving test jig".

The noisy customers subject has been tackled multiple times in this thread, and simply put they are not always easy to spot when we check the screens. It is surprising how easily the trouble groups shut up as soon as they see a member of staff enter the screen. We try our best, but in a screen that seats 600 people, it can be tricky to pinpoint groups. We try to identify potential candidates before the film starts - then a quick glance in the screen to see where they are seated allows us to react faster. It took all of 5 minutes of a showing of Fantastic Four 2 weeks ago for me to remove a group of 12 youths, meaning that the public left in there could sit back and enjoy the rest of the film. I got the usual abuse and death threats.

If you are afraid of alerting staff to problem groups in a screen, we can't always know that there is a problem group in the screen. As said above, checks don't always garner results.

Anyway...I feel on this thread that I am constantly typing the same responses over an over again. This is the last post I will make on this thread.

EDIT: Oh, Scottf - we found your balls under the seat. You can collect them next time you visit. :) (Yeah, it was bloody hot last night - one of those really exhausting kind of heats!)

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

I got the usual abuse and death threats.

Beakerzoid, do you really receive death threats from youths that you eject? That type of behaviour is despicable! It genuinely baffles me how people can act like that. Even if something really annoyed me I would never issue someone with a death threat. There's something really wrong with British society...

again in support of other posts until we entered this forum u don't actually know anything is wrong. i visit ugc once if not twice per week, i always partake in their refreshments i am always extremely polite particularly to certain ticket collectors with whom i have a laugh.

i even assisted in reporting 2 youths trying to enter under the barriers 'cos the floor guy on the main entrance was under duress. so please don't take our comments too personally.

although i was in the showing of fantastic four at the time.

however we apparently are repeating the same messages so it may be beneficial to show this thread to your employers, and then they may employ more staff to do what we ask therefore removing the need for this thread & you having to repeat yourself.

or perhaps if ugc kept a log of complaints then they analyse the problems & correct the areas in question. i.e picture in screen 1 which i have reported twice in 2 visits.

i have also compained re: poor sound "preview of wicker park with Tris", noisy people , too hot,poor picture & "warm" lattes.

"- I'm sure, when at work, you never communicate with your collegues about anything in their personal life, and are simply a drone in a machine...am I right?" surely that's not a personal attack on me is it. shame on you!!

Originally posted by Beakerzoid

That's a curious analogy you use. Surely if you had made a mistake, and a customer notices it, the customer would point it out to you before signing everything, not simply sign everything then moan about it to someone else that they are now tied into a dodgy contract?

We are not asking you to do a staff members job...we are asking you to complain there and then if you find a problem, not sulk, and storm off to whine on a forum.

Regardless of the analogy, if the company made the same kind of ****-up four times in a row, whether you complained or not, wouldn't you lose confidence in that company's ability to do the job it claims to be doing?

And secondly, where did the "sulk", "storm" and "whine" come from? I suggest you re-read my various posts again. Not sulking. Not storming. Not whining. Just questioning the ability of UGC's projectionists/toilet-cleaners (although actually the toilet was in much better condition than usual when I was there the other day)

yeah u can. ugc er... cineworld are taking the idea of the unlimited card over when the final changeover begins. you unlimited customers should be briefed soon, if there's any queries ask a member of box next time you visit us. we're not as bad as people on here make out.

Archived