The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

wise words chief. same here... tho i work for cineworld... I just think that sitting towards the front of the screen is better than sat way at the back.

And on the note of screen disturbances and people talking in screens... when i watch public shows i'm always alert to what goes on in the screen and have on several occasions wether in or out of uniform gone up to people disturbing the performance and told em to zip it. what is it with these people? why watch a film that you know u're not going to enjoy? why spoil films for others? If u need to talk to someone wisper! don't feckin' speak at full voice. if someone's sitting next to u... it's not needed.

• 1 month later...

Went to cineworld last week and got me some nachos cheese n chillis like i do everytime, and they only do a "regular size" now, which by the way is smaller and more expensive than the other "regular" size thay used to do. I want LARGE nachos not a tiny little tray

Rant over

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't be arsed to trawl through the entirity of this thread, but as was mentioned earlier by the cine manager guy (or possibly woman), about UGC being all about FILM, then why have they lost the THX certificate eh?

Too much money to upkeep?

Originally posted by DarthOwl

Couldn't be arsed to trawl through the entirity of this thread, but as was mentioned earlier by the cine manager guy (or possibly woman), about UGC being all about FILM, then why have they lost the THX certificate eh?

Too much money to upkeep?

erm... probably something to do with the fact that UGC no longer exists in the UK therefore there is no said company to give a THX certificate too!!!! If you were with the program on this, you would know that all UGCs in the UK are now Cineworld, a company that has (not entirely i must admit) differing views towards the cinema experience than those of UGC!!!

Maybe you should've 'been arsed to trawl through the entirety of the thread'...

If you're gonna slag something off mate, get your facts straight!!!

Originally posted by Leebo84

erm... probably something to do with the fact that UGC no longer exists in the UK therefore there is no said company to give a THX certificate too!!!! If you were with the program on this, you would know that all UGCs in the UK are now Cineworld, a company that has (not entirely i must admit) differing views towards the cinema experience than those of UGC!!!

Maybe you should've 'been arsed to trawl through the entirety of the thread'...

If you're gonna slag something off mate, get your facts straight!!!

Oooo! Get yer handbags out!

Fairdo's, it's not the same company, but as Sheffield's (and some may say South Yorkshire's) premier cinema site it should be up to scratch in the technical field.

It had it before when it's staff wore different badges so why not now?

What happened?

Does anyone know?

Or do I still have to go to Manchester's printworks for the ultimate summer blockbuster experience?

The loss of the THX certificate has nothing to do with the cinema changing hands. The THX certificate was lost years ago (about 3 or 4 but don't quote me on that!).

Those eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that the certificate that used to hang next to the entrance to screen 7 was replaced by the Sony version ages ago. Also screen 7 stopped using the THX trailer with the annoying robot guy years ago.

I always assumed it had something to do with the cost.

Still the best blockbuster experience in the region though!

Originally posted by DarthOwl

Oooo! Get yer handbags out!

Apologies for that but I can't abide by people making judgements and getting on their high horse when they don't have a clue what they're talking about... I'm quite happy to debate with someone until I'm blue in the face but not when they're jumping on the 'let's slag off something coz it's fun' bandwagon... :-)

THX - We still have exactly the same sound system as we had then, and projection equipment. We just chose, many years ago, as a company that we didn't see the point in lining Lucas' pocket with cash each year just so we could advertise his "sound quality". THX is not equipment used, but is a series of basic tests that someone ticks a box, takes a wad of cash, and says "Okay...advertise us" to.

The new 'regular' nachos are bigger than the old 'regular'. In fact, they almost hold as much as the old large did. The cheese is a matter of taste....when we began using the tin cheese we had complaints that it was rubbish...now everyone prefers it? I belive the thread covered this earlier when someone moaned about the tinned stuff.

Leebo do you still work at the cinema?

Maybe you can tell me if its true what one of the staff told me on sunday but before that im gonna have to have a rant.....

Sunday past me and OH went to the cinema at about 6.30-7pm I would say that is peak time with the long queue and all. As cardholders we went straight to the cardholder till and our amazement there was noone there!!

There was someone attending to people applying for cards so we just waited there and there were a few more people waiting with us by then. The female manager (she was small, with very short black hair)came and told us quite rudely i might add "the till is closed you have to queue!" We told her we had cards but she still said "you got to queue"

So very miffed off we joined the long queue. (pointing out there was 4 people the other tills) The couple behide us was saying they were gonna cancel their cards coz what is the point of having them when you dont get any priority even though it promised us priority iin skipping the queue at busy times! Dont get me wrong I wouldnt have been so peed off if that manageress explained why there was noone on the till or even a sorry would have been nice but noooooooo its was a stern go join the queue!! OH kept going on about making a complaint and he NEVER likes to complain but think that manageress got under his skin....

Eventually we got to a till, cant remember his name but he was very helpful and nice. We asked him why that till was closed and told him what had happened. He told us that the staff thats suppose to be on that till is on his break and its the management fault they wont put another staff from another till on coz they are all assigned to a specific till! He said 'it was that female one', I said 'that big woman' and he said 'yea Im glad you said it coz i cant' which made me laugh abit! (could tell shes not well liked..) We asked who we should write to to make a complaint, he told us it was a Karen cant remember her last name. If its the same woman i think it is..got blonde hair..she is actually quite nice and does her job help well. But is it worth making a complaint about??

He also said that they were gonna scrape the priority queuing system.

Which leads to me to asking...is it true that they are gonna scrape it?? What else is gonna change now its Cineworld? Prices gonna go up higher??

Im all waffled out and bed is calling me!!

Still think UGC..cineworld is a good cinema to go to but darn they need to sort themselves out!!!!

Archived