The Great Big UGC & Cinema Thread

HottyMcBuff

Originally posted by cinemanager

I personally don't like the 'cute' and 'bless em' remarks you make, is this to make you sound superior or more intelligent, cos it's neither.

ARRRGHHHH! please stop turning everything into an argument. this is just the way that i write. Thanks for the other info though (about the restaurant & that). Milk bar does sound a bit OTT - was it based on Clockwork Orange style milk bars?

I love UGC cinema, the best by far in the UK.

cinemanager, you need to remember who the customers are, even if they are moaning at you... its your job to make things right. not humilate them.

**PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THIS LINE**

Remember who pays your wages..

Originally posted by 1andonlystu

we do know that and i'd like to thank the million plus people we have though our doors that make us one of the most successful cinema in the uk or dare i say world. Not bad for a out of city center cinema. WE ROCK.

Last year it was approx 1.5 million crustomers.

Gazza, please read my big long ramble and you will see that I do know who our customers are as we strive to make it THE best cinema evarrrrr.

Hotty, chill man ;) you started it with the '5 reasons why UGC sucks' remember

why did you go for large everything then?

were you forced?

sorry your day was marred, are you feeling better now.

We did try selling wet popcorn but it soaks through the cardboard tubs see.

I can never quite understand why people buy the stuff then think it's ruined there whole evening, it's ridiculous.

A cinema is a business much like every other retail outlet in the world, we have to make a profit in order to stay open, thats how business works.

Don't like the prices, don't buy. Easy as that.

When you stop selling food in cinemas that's when I'll start going back.

[rant]

The stench of food ruins any atmosphere, you are always aware that you are in a cinema.

The noise of people eating said food ruins any atmosphere, unless it's a film about fat noisy people eating food.

The sticky carpets where said fat noisy people have missed their mouths, how is that possible, make walking in cinemas unpleasant.

The constant to-ing and fro-ing of fat noisy people on their way to fetch more food disturbs any atmosphere which may have crept in despite the fat noisy people's attempts to prevent it.

[/rant]

Originally posted by max

The noise of people eating said food ruins any atmosphere, unless it's a film about fat noisy people eating food.

PMSL

you a funny man.

I can see your house now, everything lined up nice and straight, tissue paper boxes everywhere for the door handles in case of germs. Do you go out with a paper surgeons mask on too like Michael Jackson, cos he won't go into 'dirty' cinemas either. :D

Sticky carpets? What 'kind' of cinemas are you used to going to? wink wink

I do think that UGC is probably the best of a bad bunch, and I often enjoy going there, but it is nothing like it used to be... all the features that people have mentioned that have been lost really made going an experience.

It now seems to be pretty much like any other movie theatre, and if the managers development skills are on a par with his public relation skills, I can see why.

Archived