Anyone remember judge pickles?

kirky

a true legend but what a complete *******.....a story my dad told me.inthe 70's some bloke was up in front of him and he gives the bloke 3 years..the con says 3 years, i can do that standing on my head......pickles says well have another 3 to get back on your feet..take him down..poor sod ended up with six for his cheek:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Guest bostonaire

i remember judge pickles, but being a law abiding citizen myself, not for the wrong reasons. He was harsh sometimes with the lesser crimes, though i feel crime is crime and one takes the risk when breaking any law. Wasnt he the one who jailed the pregnant woman? We need more like him i feel.....

Just found this "Judge Pickles was controversial judge of the 1980's and 1990's who suggested that young women might become pregnant between arrest and sentencing to avoid a prison sentence."

http://websites.ntl.com/~wellclge/depts/history/politics/judicial/9jud.htm

"hanging" Judge Pickles was what he was known as 20/ 30 yrs ago.

He was reknowned for the severity of the sentencing he handed out,

Part of me feels that if more judges had been as "keen" as him, then maybe criminals would have been dissuaded from going back into crime...

Just as an aside, I understand that Carolyn Pickles, the actress who played Alan Turner's recently vanished "love interest" in Emmerdale is Judge Pickles' daughter.

Judge Pickles' uncle was the old-time radio and TV star, Wilfred Pickles.

PT

I had a friend who had at that point spent more than half his life behind bars and he was sentenced by Judge Pickles on two occasions. The judge recognised him the second time and so wasn't even slightly lenient with the sentencing, he also warned my friend that if he ever saw him in front of him again he would make him wish he'd never been born or words to that effect.

Guest bostonaire

now thats a judge for ya ..........why dont they all take his view on the law and dish out the sentences harsh and long.. would it deter????

Originally posted by nitelife40

cant see any judge not sentencing for rape .....there musta been more to it than that

That's why he hit the news over it. Investigation revealed other similar cases in his court and his 'extra carricular activities'. His perversions explained his attitude.

Judge Pickles, who retired 2 years ago after 42 years service was scathing: “To require a judge to be lectured to by black people in his own country is not something I approve of…’ He also charged that watchdogs like the CRE were ‘packed with blacks who are incapable of being objective. Black people complain too much about racism… [i say to them] If you don’t like this country, go and live somewhere else’… there is no doubt that serious crimes are committed in particular by Afro-Caribbeans who in some cases are suffering from mental instability in this country.” was found on this page

Nice person - NOT

his book

and well done Claire Short - She demanded the sacking, in 1988, of Judge James Pickles for jailing a woman who was too frightened to give evidence against a man who beat her. quoted from here

Archived