Anyone remember judge pickles?

kirky

Originally posted by Strix

Wasn't his 'rise to fame' the case where he thew out a rape on the basis that 'she should have crossed her legs'?

ive heard about this and i think he said something on the lines of " a woman with her skirt up runs faster than a man with his trousers down "but dont quote me on it

Originally posted by Strix

Wasn't his 'rise to fame' the case where he thew out a rape on the basis that 'she should have crossed her legs'?

I might be wrong, but I thought he'd said something to the effect of the rape victim "asking for it..."!!!!!! :loopy: :loopy: :loopy::suspect: :suspect:

I remember Judge Pickles holding court, if you will excuse the pun, on a Kilroy-style chat show in the 80s. He was claiming that once a man is sexually aroused, he cannot stop mid-coitus, as it were. Hence the problems in finding men guilty of rape. A rather brave young woman acknowledged that "it must be difficult" to control erectile tissue , but added that surely men can control "where they put it". Pickles, ever controversial, dissented from her opinion. I remember a horrible image of an aroused, sex-crazed Pickles running amok in a quest to satiate his ardour invading my thoughts. If only he had consulted me. I could have provided him with a photograph of my Auntie Marian; enough to abruptly halt the unseemly lubricity of any man. Sex makes fools of us all, does it not?

I remember reading his name so many times in articles in The Star and found the following bits of info:

http://www.hignfy.net/miscellaneous3.htm

http://www.corrie.net/profiles/actors/pickles_carolyn.html

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199697/ldhansrd/vo970127/text/70127-10.htm

Straight From The Bench: Is Justice Just by PICKLES, Judge James J M Dent, 1987 1st, Hardback in DJ £9.50 (c. $13.50 or €15.30)

Near Fine - in Near Fine DJ. Price Clipped. Inscription on fep.

Judge Pickles breaks the convention of silence to say directly to us what must be said: that there is much that is wrong with the way our justice is administered by those in authority and, indeed, with the system itself. Out of Print. 212pp. Index. Size: 8vo Medium (23 x 14mm Approx.)

After dinner speakers include former Judge Pickles, Cynthia Payne, Henry Cooper, Nobby Stiles, Tommy Docherty, John Conteh and Jimmy Greaves. Just a small selection of crowd pulling attractions available from Roger Davis.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
a true legend but what a complete *******.....a story my dad told me.inthe 70's some bloke was up in front of him and he gives the bloke 3 years..the con says 3 years, i can do that standing on my head......pickles says well have another 3 to get back on your feet..take him down..poor sod ended up with six for his cheek:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

We need judges like him back

Archived