What did your school report say about you ?

One of mine said "Neil is a likeable lad" and nothing else. Never did work that one out.

Sounds like a euphemism for toss-useless. My reports were along a similar vain.............CB likes the lads............a euphemism for total slapper. How right my teacher was :D

I've just delved into an old box of bits and bobs, and found my school report.....

School Leaving Report July 1963

"A keen and alert boy who deserves congratulations for his earnest and determined efforts especially in the 11th year. His progress in mathematics, achieved only through unremitting hard work, has been most commendable.

He can be recommended as a boy who is always most conscientious and thoroughly reliable.

M Chesner. Headmaster. "

Hmm ... I think Mr Chesner must have forgotten the number of times he caned me for forgetting my p.e. equipment, and for the time I set fire to the artroom!

NB I've now read through my whole school report (1960-63) and enjoyed this bit...

"Summer 1962: Wood/Metalwork - More effort and less gossip requried"

Archived