Genealogy/Looking For

I am looking for information on my mother who was born in Sheffield, I think Attercliffe around 1915. Her name was Olive Mary Green. She married a gentleman named Horace Bertie Smith who I think was from Doncaster. Any information about my mother is much appreciated.

Thanks

I just looked on findmypast.com, and I think I've found your mother's marriage record - Olive M. Green married Horace B. Smith in the Doncaster district in the second quarter of 1932. A copy of the marriage certificate could be obtained for £7 from either the Doncaster register office or on-line (http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/) by giving the above details, plus Volume 9c Page 1595. Also from findmypast.com comes a death record - Olive Mary Smith, born on 21 October 1914, died in the Doncaster district in October 1986 (Vol. 3, Page 552, Reg. No 1086). Horace Bertie Smith, born 16 October 1909, had died in Doncaster a few months earlier (May 1986 - Vol. 3, Page 521, Reg. No 586). Hope this is helpful!

A possible sibling for Olive:

GRO Births JUN Qtr 1920

GREEN Leonard (mother's maiden name: HAZZARD)

Sheffield 9c 1307

and this is likely to be the marriage of their parents:

GRO Marriages SEP Qtr 1914

GREEN Percy A (spouse's surname: HAZZARD)

HAZZARD Bertha (spouse's surname: GREEN)

Sheffield 9c 1301

Hugh

Archived