Which pubs welcome you if you only drink water?

Classic Rock

I did a thread on voting for the best glass of water in any Sheffield bars/clubs. Many bars, such as Dempseys and Witherspoons, do a wide range of food, and should be perfectly OK to have water with your food.

So far, the best glass of water I have come across in Sheffield, (ice cold, in tal glass with ice and lemon, and FREE, is in the Cellar 35 club (near Crystal and Walkabout).

I must admit I've never had a problem with being welcomed whilst ordering soda water or bottled water. My usual tipple is soda water with about a teaspoon of lime cordial in and I don't think that I've ever had anyone make an issue of it.

Trippets was one of few places that also had the other ingredient that I really like (and knew what it was and how much to use). A few drops of Angostura bitters added to lime and soda is lovely- and Trippets only charge 35p for it.

Tap water every time for me.

When I used to run karaoke and stuff. I only ever drank tap water. Same when I am with a band, I have never had any trouble with any barstaff asking for a free tap water, and I have never had any which didn't taste perfectly fine.

Many times I have drunk a pint (or two) of tap water to sober up before I go on the stage!

I'm fine when I'm DJing in the pub that I DJ in cos the staff know about the diet I'm on and are really supportive. It's just that whenever you go into a pub where you aren't known you can get funny looks for just ordering tap water. Pubs are there to make money after all and getting a free glass of water doesnt look good, does it? I can't even have lime in it and I wouldn't be eating food with it. I just wanna walk up to a regular bar and get some water without the ground opening up and eating me. A bottle of mineral water will do, but so many places don't stock water. I don't want to ask for a bottle only to be told they don't have it and start suggesting diet drinks as an alternative, I'd just want water. Does this make sense? God I hate diets.

I'm fine when I'm DJing in the pub that I DJ in cos the staff know about the diet I'm on and are really supportive. It's just that whenever you go into a pub where you aren't known you can get funny looks for just ordering tap water. Pubs are there to make money after all and getting a free glass of water doesnt look good, does it? I can't even have lime in it and I wouldn't be eating food with it. I just wanna walk up to a regular bar and get some water without the ground opening up and eating me. A bottle of mineral water will do, but so many places don't stock water. I don't want to ask for a bottle only to be told they don't have it and start suggesting diet drinks as an alternative, I'd just want water. Does this make sense? God I hate diets.

firstly ask for bottled water, if they dont stock it ask for tap water, .. it shows your not a skinflint, just a water lover.

Archived