Which pubs welcome you if you only drink water?

Classic Rock

I have heard that The Nursery Tavern will serve you a free glass of tap water at any time day or night without stigma or prejudice. (You might even get a nice wedge of lime to give it a bit of zing!)

So that's somewhere to bear in mind if corporation pop is your thing. (They also do the posh stuff from a natural spring in the Pennines!!)

If you r workin DJ in or doin Karaoke just bring a small cool box with you couple bottles of water ice blocks job done

I don't have a problem in the pubs I work in, they know about my quirky diet and support it. It's just going in as a customer to places who don't know me which is more awkward.

I was under the impression that they HAVE To legally serve you water if you request it? I know thats the case for clubs- im not so sure for pubs.

Oh yeah, I know they legally have to serve you....but it's the awkwardness and almost embarrassment of going to the bar and just asking for water. I think there's an unsaid opinion among pubs that customers asking just for water are a waste of space.

Oh yeah, I know they legally have to serve you....but it's the awkwardness and almost embarrassment of going to the bar and just asking for water. I think there's an unsaid opinion among pubs that customers asking just for water are a waste of space.

Yeah to be fair i always ask for orange cordial and soda- i know its only 30p but it does make me feel better if im handing over some money- even if it is a small amount.

Trippets was one of few places that also had the other ingredient that I really like (and knew what it was and how much to use). A few drops of Angostura bitters added to lime and soda is lovely- and Trippets only charge 35p for it.

We have that too, and would only charge you 30p!

Archived