Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

does anyone know where I can buy a gothic style wedding dress from, red or black or both colours combined? I have looked in shops in sheffield and all they seem to have is a token red one which is either very expensive or glittery! I have found lots of lovely ones online but I dont know whether to risk buying one without trying it on first.

Please help, im getting married in september!!

does anyone know where I can buy a gothic style wedding dress from, red or black or both colours combined? I have looked in shops in sheffield and all they seem to have is a token red one which is either very expensive or glittery! I have found lots of lovely ones online but I dont know whether to risk buying one without trying it on first.

Please help, im getting married in september!!

I would be happy to help, just let me know:)

Just wanted to recommend New York Bride at Eckington.

I bought a beautiful Maggie Sottero dress from there today. Not ivory/cream as I'd planned it's actually classed as gold. . .really happy with it.

Victoria who own's and run's the shop is lovely, she makes you feel at home and there is no pressure from her, it's a very realaxed atmosphere.

Give it a try i don't think you will be disappointed and you buy the dresses off the rails non of the ordering situation which is the case in most bridal shops.

x

I got my wedding dress from Blushes on London Road and couldn't fault anything about the place. They made me feel fantastic - i'm really body concious, but made me feel really at ease (unlike some others I had visited previously). I really didn't have a clue what kind of dress I wanted apart from strapless, but they showed me dressed that suited my figure and I found my dress like that!! I felt fab on my wedding day in it (Maggie Sottero Porsha Ann) and even did a Trash the Dress shoot in it in August!! I didn't go the whole hog and full on trash it though - my mother would have killed me!!! Hers a link to the pics:

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r292/barsi_album/Trash%20The%20Dress/

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Quick message but my mum just got on facebook bless her! She's a dressmaker from Sheffield and does wedding dresses/bridemaid dresses, christenings etc all very well priced can make to measure for all your bridemaids in whichever pattern and colours you want she is under Jean Hartley- Sheffield on facebook PM me or add her to your network for more info!

All items are hand made with the best materials you can pick your own!!!! and much, MUCH cheaper than in the shops!!!

I have been meaning to post this for ages but I want to recommend Emily Bridal which is on Neill road just off Hunters Bar roundabout.

I’m not a reluctant bride but I did think I was missing the wedding gene that other brides seem to have and I didn’t want a traditional wedding dress. Most of the people I had met at wedding fairs had looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told them I just wanted an evening/bridesmaid dress. I met Emily at one of these wedding fare and she was the only person that didn’t go into shock when I said I didn’t want a real wedding dress and that we haven’t booked anything for the wedding with less than 12 months to go!

After some pushing by my friend I made an appointment at Emily Bridal just to have a look at bridesmaid’s dresses as I was insisting I didn’t want a wedding dress!

Well to my shock I had the most fantastic time and have bought the most amazing dress, Emily, her sister and (I think) mother-in-law are brilliant, they were very patient with me as at times I felt like a mardy teenager not wanting to try some dresses on. The dress I finally bought I had told them twice I didn’t like it but they knew it would suit me and it does. I never though a dress could make such a difference!

Since then I think more of the wedding gene is in me than I originally though as we have set a date and booked the venue so a big massive thanks to Emily and a very big recommendation if anyone is starting to look for a dress you should really go and see them

She has a very elegant dress that makes her look amazing!!!!! and it isnt a bridesmaid/evening dress!.Thanks for your comments hun, I will use this for my guestbook page on the website if that is ok. see you soon xx

Edited by emharrison
add more