Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

• 4 weeks later...

Could anyone share their experiences of wearing a wedding dress with small flexible hoops, please? I have found one which looks so much better with underskirt that have hoops and it can be removed. Thanks!:)

Edited by sulavesi
missed word

• 1 month later...

Are there any dress shops that dont make the 'larger' bride feel like an umpa lumpa? Ive rang a couple that have 'various sizes' according to the website but only have size 8/10's to try on in the store! I aint a complicated person, id just like to go along, feel normal and not overweight and try on a couple of size 16's. Anywhere? :) x

I have noticed that there are a few sample sales on at the moment in Sheffield. But my dilema is... Do I go on the search for my dress now or wait until the January sales?? Will the shops have more sample dresses in January or is now (December) the best month to buy??

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi all brides and grooms to be

I'm getting married in july and starting to look for dresses, i suddenly realised this morning on the morning that we had planned to go looking that i really don't have a clue where to start..........lol

I have looked at New york bride in Eckington......... a half an hour browse but apart from that i know know where else to look around sheffield and chesterfield areas.

I don't want designer shops that are like £2000 ++++, i have set myself a budget of around £1000 for a dress, but still really have no clue on what dress i can get for that......

Could you please tell me some places i can go and have a look....... so far i have picked out Francessca Brides from reading old posts and thats about it.

Oh and what do you normally pay as a deposit on a wedding dress???