Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

To save yourself a lot of stress you're prob best getting one that fits or nearly fits - much easier to have a dress taken in than out, and if you dont lose the weight you dont want even more stress! i had intended to lose weight but tbh i felt that fabulous i never got motivated enough!!!!

keep us posted!!

• 2 weeks later...

i am living abroad where they make uk wedding dresses, my niece had one made to her specifications, with every measurement and an idea of the style. It took 1 month to make and sent to uk she paid 470 pounds plus 30 pounds transport costs , she has a wedding dress worth over a 1,000 pounds for a fraction of the costs....if anyone wants to go this route, i will happily advise them, where to go where to shop , where to stay etc... assenograd in bulgaria .

http://www.bulgariantextile.com/searchForm.php?c=3&s=63

hope this helps one or two of you who are thinking outside the box

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just tell u that I am the biggest dress snob in the world. I had budgeted my dress@ £2200 4 a Paloma Blanca that I wanted. I think I must have tried on every dress in Shef/ Manchester & ½ of London 2. None of them compared 2 the Paloma Blanca I wanted. We even had 2 push back the date due 2 being way over budget.

Id looked on line at the idea of having my dress custom made, id emailed these companies &a sked 4 photo examples of their work, & they were OK. £100 - £300 but I just thought they looked a bit cheap.

One night last week I was doing a spot of ebaying, when I thought id have a look at wedding dresses. I was feeling brave after a glass or 3 of wine. I randomly stumbled across a listing 4 a Pronovias dress, with a ludicrously low starting bid. With my wine eyes I thought it looked very very similar 2 the Paloma one I wanted. So I googled the name of the dress & looked at images of it. I found quite a few on wedding dress selling sites, so I got a good idea of what it looked like on rather than the glossy airbrushed advertisements.

So I kind of thought what the hell. Ill put a maximum bid on it of a certain amount, ill not win it, & if I do & I hate it, im positive I could re sell it 4 much more. So the next day, completely 4 getting id bid I got an email notification on my phone saying id won it.

As it was an ex sample dress, bought with wine eyes, not tried on I didn’t hold out much hope 4 it being any good &was so annoyed at my self 4 ebaying after wine!

Well it came yesterday &it is * A * MAAAAAZE * ING * literally perfect. It fits like it was made 4 me, it’s the “one” & I wouldn’t swap it 4 the Paloma one id so desperately wanted. I CAN NOT believe it. Yes it needs 2 be dry cleaned but im 100% confident that the marks are so insignificant on the underside of the train, it will look brand new when it comes back. The snob in me had definitely been converted….

& the best part… I won it 4 £85! £13 courier. New this dress was selling at £1500 and is Raw silk....

The best eBay bargain I ever got.

Go on… be brave!

Edited by zanna
spellings

Miss s I am shaped like you big bust smal waist but chubby belly and hips and I have gone for a corset dress I would highly recommend berkertex bride on the back of the moor in Sheffield I was a little weary at looking in there as it's been around so long I thought it would be really old fashioned but not at all and the woman in there is amazing !!! I had it fixed in my head what I wanted went in tried them on looked like crap and she knew straight away what would suit me put it on and felt 3 sizes smaller :) i cnt put pics of my dress on but it's an Italian designer off White with a black floral design although it wasn't what I'd call cheap £1200 but they threw in all my accessories that came to £300 :) so I was happy

WR- That is bloody GORGEOUS!

Umm well tbh I am probably about 38/40 DD/E. In fact, I know I am a lot bigger cuz all my bras fit rubbish (buy the biggest in Primarni!). But there's hope for me yet then- thing is, I am chubby round the middle with it.

The sort of wedding dress I have set my heart on is like I said above- corset, with an a-line or princess skirt. I would love a white one rather than ivory.

It';s not for 6 months yet... I daren't go dress shopping (browsing)... too scared. i will though, just do;t knwo where to start. I don;t want some snobby snooty assistant hovering around, I just want to try different styles in peace. Possible?

t x

I know just how you feel, I was exactly the same last year when I was wedding dress shopping. Ended up going to blushes on london road they are lovely girls and made me feel really comfortable, I am 38 dd and size 16 so was worried that I was too big for a princess style dress however I got this and absolutely loved it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120696619525&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I would deffo recommend trying on lots of different styles to ensure you get the one to best flatter your shape x

• 3 weeks later...

i too bought my bridesmaid dresses from bhs for my wedding in cuba last year, my daughters dress split about 10mins b4 the wedding when she sat down, and the little ones all had sticky zips that got stuck near the bows and took several desperate attempts to fasten before they finally did up. My eldest daughters dress was a little tight on the day due to water retention and a week of all inclusive so i didnt bother making a fuss when i got back and just had her dress repaired so she could wear if for reception. Although the dresses looked fab on the day and wernt very expensive, i must say i wasnt impressed with the quality of em to say the least x