Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

oh dear, thats a bit worrying!

Although tbh not sure i've time to find anything else, we've exhauted att the shops in meadowhall and cant afford any from bridal shops, just hope someone replies on here that can help.......anyone???

Em x

• 2 weeks later...

La belle Brides is owned by a good friend of mine Kathy Firth and I thought I would mention it on here as the sizes are all stocked up to size 24+ and I find it annoying myself as Im not a size 0! Prom dress, and suits are also stocked, it is based in chapletown http://www.labellabrides.co.uk/

There is a wedding fayre in elscare where she will be, can't remember the date but will update this post when I ask her this week.

• 1 month later...
Any ideas on where to get a dress for under £150? im on a really tight budget.

thanks

preloved or order a deisgner copy from landybridal (username asapbay on ebay)- i did, cost me about £120 made to measure (best get someone to measure you)... good quality.. lots of good reports. about a month-6wks to deliver. or less if not made to measure. x

• 2 weeks later...
Any ideas on where to get a dress for under £150? im on a really tight budget.

thanks

hi try lightinthebox honestly you will get a dress for that budget and it will look 600 quid more,i have got mine from there and it is far more beautiful and exquisitly crafted than all the dresses i tried on in the wedding shops.I cried when i got mine its so beautiful and i was very sceptical about buying ONLINE.It took me 3 months to decide.it cost me 144 custom made and fits like a glove.i,m now considering buying another one for the evening and i,m on a budget,but am thinking what the hell.I would have paid more in the shops for one dress that isn,t even as nice:)

Hiya, thx for all your replies.

Just to let you all know that ive now bought my dress :) . From Debenhams, half price (only £70), so if anyone else is on a budget i suggest you have a look there.

Thx all!!

Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on seamstresses they've worked with lately? Either independent ones or through bridal shops is fine. In addition to whatever size changes need to be made, I also want to change the strap on my dress and the appliqué detail on the hip, so I want to make sure I find someone good and trustworthy to do it! Thanks in advance :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...