Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

Just wanted to share a recommendation: I have found my perfect dress at New York Bride in Eckington - beautiful shop with stunning designer dresses, none over £500. A cut above most bridal outlets! I visited it just after coming back from a place further 'up North' which was an uninspiring unit in the middle of nowhere with more expensive dresses many of which were quite grubby too :( I have to give credit to the lady who worked there as she was lovely, but for many reasons not a perfect experience!

What set New York Bride apart for me was the lovely interior - makes the experience of trying on dresses the special and glamorous occasion you expect it to be; the helpful and attentive owner, Victoria, who provides an excellent service and plenty of advice should you need it; the fabulous dresses - in a good range of sizes: I am a dress size 12-14 so had plenty to try on in both sizes and every style possible; all dresses are brand new and look it (usually surplus stock/end of lines/some samples as far as I know); opportunity to spread cost over 3 payments; and a brilliant location on the main street in Eckington with a coffee shop a few doors down serving delicious cake for that pre/post shopping cuppa!

If anyone needs any advice or tips or dress shopping PMs are welcome :)

I am so happy with my dress and can't wait to wear it :) I have found it on the designer's site and it was great to see it on there as well! Especially knowing I only paid £500 for a genuine dress from a top designer.

Oh and also, you can take lots of photos if you wish! As most brides will know majority of shops do not allow this - bonus!

• 3 weeks later...
She makes the most beautiful wedding dresses i new straight away that i wanted one, her website its . I spent ages on it before i was engaged to. getting the ring was only a small detail!!!

I'm having a midsummer nights dream theme thanks to the dress, marquee bbq in the country. I can't wait, really should do less talking more doing. lol

it is not strange I have opted to post in old thread, I am getting married next month and looking to get some nice wedding outfit suggestions.:hihi::hihi:. If you have good choice in deign and style please share it

Edited by CaryMassey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know if anyone is interested but I'm selling a stunning ex sample wedding gown, I can't put the picture on here but you can google pictures, it's Essence of Australia D1032 in size 10, it retails at £1400 and I'm selling for £500, please contact me if interested. Helen x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading what brides are paying for their dresses and horror stories of bridal shops closing down I've decided to buy mine from abroad from Ebay. I will only be wearing it once anyway and can't see the point of going to a lot of expense for a dress that wont be worn again :)