Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

I'd like to recommend The Bridal Rooms, situated in Chesterfield Co-op department store. They've always got sales on and I got an absolute bargain, the staff we very helpful, although I felt frowned upon as I was a 'young bride' I'm 24 and got married in October, although I only look 15 lol, I still get Id'd for lottery tickets, how bad is that!?

Does anyone knowwhere to find the CHEAPEST wedding dress possible?!

H2B's best man just phoned me with the idea that he wants to make Matt wear a wedding dress on his stag do!! :hihi:

He would be about a ladies size 12 I think, and ANY style would do... although lace up would probably be more useful than buttons/zip because it's not like he'll be going for any fittings! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've found the dress that i want.. but only a picture.. i cant find anywhere that sells it & I want it in bright red.. does anyone know of any wedding dress makers? Or if i post a picture of it anywhere that sells the dress? I dont even know the brand of the dress..

Thanks

No probs :)

Have you clicked on 'testimonials'? There's a pic of a real life bride in it & she looks fabulous!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/viewBride.aspx?Id=4702&backUrl=%2fdress.aspx%3fpageSize%3d96%26page%3d4%26style%3dJ141C

I haven't personally ordered a wedding dress off Ebay, but there are plenty of people on here that have and were very pleased - maybe you could do a search and find the same seller as someone who was satisfied?

I did have a bad experience with a dress I bought from a lady who said she was selling me a genuine Maggie Sottero, and when it arrived it was the worst fake ever! I can only imagine she bought it off Ebay then tried to get rid of it. If you search threads I've started you should be able to find my report with pics.

Yeah thats the only issue... i dont want to order one and it look awful.. i think i'd rather get someone in the UK to re create it, cos at least i can go for fittings etc..

It means paying more in the UK but i dont mind if it means i get the dress in the colour i want :)

Hey Becci I have a number for a seamstress I can give you, just send over a pm and let me know.

Ah Katie I remember the commotion about the dress, it was quite bad from what I recall, I am glad you got that sorted.

I once bought a gold dress from ebay, that looked as though it was only fit for floor rags! Do be careful as some of the gowns on there are still quite expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a dress off ebay - it is absolutely gorgeous with a gold embroidered brocade top and satin skirt and satin roses on the back. If only I had measured myself before I bought it, I would be well satisfied. Unfortunately, I forgot that one of the problems of putting on weight is that your bust grows! I was a size 10-12 and now I am a 14. If anybody would like to have a beautiful dress for £20, please contact me!

And if anyone has a spare one, also let me know - I only have 4 weeks to go!