Loch Fyne, Now Open! (Old Hanrahans Buliding)

Burnt Stones

• 3 months later...

I've been to Loch Fyne tonight for the first time for their early supper menu- 2 courses and a glass of wine for £11 as long as you are seated before 7pm

As for the service, we hadn't booked but they were very polite, said we could have our table but 2 tables of 10 had just come in and they were being truthful and warning us we may have to wait a little longer.

We ordered our meals and fully expected to wait but within 5 minutes our starters (curried fish soup, and crusty bread, absolutely delish) were on the table.

Main course - I had a whole plaice with garlic butter, my friend had salmon. We shared a portion of chips and a mixed salad (included in the price) between us. Again, no delay in getting served.

All in all, exceptional value, lovely grub and a nice way to spend a boring mid week evening

If you are reading this Loch Fyne,you along with many others will have a struggle in the New Year to survive!.........Why? because your standard of service whilst friendly on occasions, is not good enough,( an eternal Sheffield problem)and the final bill on the 4 occasions bar 1, did not meet with our overall fair minded expectations of value for money!........getting that last 10 to 15% customer satisfaction right is hard to do,and you have failed on 3 out of 4 visits.Inedible chips/fries and non appearance of some orders! I would suggest that you are currently surviving because of lack of good eateries in Sheffield!.........maybe our standards are a little too high!....but why not.

We went to Loch Fyne last night and were very impressed,the staff were very friendly and the service was fast ( although we were one of only 2 tables in when we first arrived ) We sat in the conservatory area which I love.

We had the £11 menu + 3 oysters on ice (yum)

Starters

Curried fish soup

Gravadlax

Mains

Salmon with chips as a side

Whole plaice with side salad

4 glasses of wine and 3 shorts

all of which came to £47 inc tip

The food was well cooked and very fresh.Cant wait to go back

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Loch Fyne last night for the early bird menu - £15 each for 3 courses and large glass of wine.

For starters we had crevettes in garlic butter, and mussels. Only got four crevettes so bit disappointed but the mussels were amazing - about 50 of them in a bowl!

For mains we had bream, and steak (£2 supplement). YOu can pick 2 side orders so we both had new potatoes.

The desserts were amazing - choc orange tart and apple crumble. yum yum!

Service was very attentive, we got two lots of bread and overall was a lovely meal in a lovley building. Would definitely go again or the set menu!

• 7 months later...

Archived