Loch Fyne, Now Open! (Old Hanrahans Buliding)

Burnt Stones

Loch Fynne?

Leeds, (City Square branch):

The Meal (for 2 persons)

Assorted Breads (4/5 slices) with butter

Haddock, Chips. Mushy peas (in a small 'dip' pot and barely warm) (about £13)

Grilled Sardines with some supporting items

Couple of Cokes

Tap Water

Cost: £40 ish

Food Quality: OK - it was hot apart from mushy peas

Food Quantity: "Light Dining" = small helpings.

Service: Good to average/adequate

Overall: Not bad, but felt pricey for what you get.

• 2 months later...
Loch Fynne?

Leeds, (City Square branch):

The Meal (for 2 persons)

Assorted Breads (4/5 slices) with butter

Haddock, Chips. Mushy peas (in a small 'dip' pot and barely warm) (about £13)

Grilled Sardines with some supporting items

Couple of Cokes

Tap Water

Cost: £40 ish

Food Quality: OK - it was hot apart from mushy peas

Food Quantity: "Light Dining" = small helpings.

Service: Good to average/adequate

Overall: Not bad, but felt pricey for what you get.

Wouldn't it be cheaper from you local fish and chip shop:hihi:

Absolutely, but it's all in the food descriptions. Sounds like the sort of place that describes "bangers and mash" as ‘Hand-reared traditional pork sausages pan-fried in extra-virgin olive oil, garnished with sun-dried fresh herbs and served on a bed of purée de pommes de terre in a rich caramelised onion gravy jus’ :rolleyes:

And as it's in S10 there'll be enough orange-skinned two-bob millionaires daft enough to pay through the nose!

For standard-issue fish and chips, you might well have a local chippy which serves you reasonably fresh cod in a nice batter and it will be a lot cheaper.

But the difference is that your local chippy won't be able to do stuff like this:

• Lobster served hot with garlic butter
  • Bradan Rost (kiln-roasted salmon), char-grilled with a
    shellfish, mushroom and whisky sauce
  • Moules marinières
  • Oysters

I went past for the first time this evening and thought "ooh look a fish place! Must look at the menu!"

The dishes look lovely, if a bit on the expensive side but I wouldn't really complain at paying most of the prices except for the fact they then have the gall to try to rush you £3.50 for "seasonal vegetables" on top of it. Sorry but a bit of broccoli and a carrot and some peas isn't worth £3.50. A portion of new potatoes is not worth £2.50.

If you are going to charge me £12-18 for a piece of grilled fish you can sod off if you then expect me to pay an extra £6 for vegetables.

No wonder the place was completely empty.

I went past for the first time this evening and thought "ooh look a fish place! Must look at the menu!"

The dishes look lovely, if a bit on the expensive side but I wouldn't really complain at paying most of the prices except for the fact they then have the gall to try to rush you £3.50 for "seasonal vegetables" on top of it. Sorry but a bit of broccoli and a carrot and some peas isn't worth £3.50. A portion of new potatoes is not worth £2.50.

If you are going to charge me £12-18 for a piece of grilled fish you can sod off if you then expect me to pay an extra £6 for vegetables.

No wonder the place was completely empty.

The place will have been completely empty because its not even opened yet.:loopy:

But you have a point about charging for veg, this will not go down well in Sheffield and I don't like it, its cheeky.

Charging for veg is standard in most places that put themselves in a higher bracket.

But those that are actually in that bracket don't charge but you will pay a lot more for your meal.

Folks... it's a chain. You will get what you expect.

Archived