Loch Fyne, Now Open! (Old Hanrahans Buliding)

Burnt Stones

Went for lunch last week. Just had a light bite/starter each which was really small but we were mainly going to check it out and have a drink. I had marinated salmon which was good and my friend had oysters and she was happy with those. £9.50 for both the salmon and a glass of house white. Staff were pleasant - tho a litlle over the top with calling us each madam!!

It is expensive, but they do have lunch deals - 2 course for £11 - though I don't know what's on this menu.

I will go back as it's really convenient to where I live and work and I love fish!

I've seen a copy of the menu - REALLY REALLY expensive.

I think people will only go there for special occasions. It's not the sort of place where you'd call in for a meal after work or in passing.

It's not that expensive. £12-£15 for a main course (unless you get a whole lobster - £28 ) isn't that much.

Oh Dear!

Called the other night ! Lobster was terrible! had it in other Loch Fynes,very good! but the lobster currently on sale in Waitrose is much better.Brought me all the lobster ironware but not needed as the lobster was already out of the shell and the claws not in evidence apart from the meat.Got to do better than this!!! Some of us have eaten outside Sheffield.

I'll try to do a quick review as usual....We went tonight.... 8 of us. Decor is very good and so is the service - the young woman that served us was very, very good, apart from another one that cleared my plate before I'd finished dunking bread into the sauce of my starter!

Food:

Starter: I had sashimi - good fresh piece of salmon, no pink dye....but a very, very small portion, compared to Sushi places (partcularly Wasabibi) at £8...other starters were good, but the overall impression was "well it's ok"

Main: I had King Scallops...I've got to be honest, they were overcooked and were a bit limp...maybe it's me and you're not meant to order scallops at this time of year. I got 4 scallops and a tiny bit of rocket salad....£14!!! Chuffing 'ell!

Pudding: Creme brule - very good at £4.50

Side orders £2.50 each for either peas in garlic butter, broccoli, chips, mash or salad.

Food ok, but not the best....there's plenty of other places in Sheff that I'd go back to before Loch Fyne.

We had a great night, but that was down to the company rather than the food.

When we go out, we normally have just a main course, as we're not big eaters, but I'm going to put some crumpets on now, because I'm still hungry!

Maybe I should become a 2 bob millionnaire, dye myself orange and Loch Fyne might grow on me (as per prvious thread)!

I'll try to do a quick review as usual....We went tonight.... 8 of us. Decor is very good and so is the service - the young woman that served us was very, very good, apart from another one that cleared my plate before I'd finished dunking bread into the sauce of my starter!

Food:

Starter: I had sashimi - good fresh piece of salmon, no pink dye....but a very, very small portion, compared to Sushi places (partcularly Wasabibi) at £8...other starters were good, but the overall impression was "well it's ok"

Main: I had King Scallops...I've got to be honest, they were overcooked and were a bit limp...maybe it's me and you're not meant to order scallops at this time of year. I got 4 scallops and a tiny bit of rocket salad....£14!!! Chuffing 'ell!

Pudding: Creme brule - very good at £4.50

Side orders £2.50 each for either peas in garlic butter, broccoli, chips, mash or salad.

Food ok, but not the best....there's plenty of other places in Sheff that I'd go back to before Loch Fyne.

We had a great night, but that was down to the company rather than the food.

When we go out, we normally have just a main course, as we're not big eaters, but I'm going to put some crumpets on now, because I'm still hungry!

Maybe I should become a 2 bob millionnaire, dye myself orange and Loch Fyne might grow on me (as per prvious thread)!

"Well, you know what they say Geoff....."

Archived