80s classic rock nights

CharCat

West street live on west street is sliding that way (like I ever had a problem with doing it in the first place ;-)) our live bands on a Friday and Saturday night 90% of the time play classic rock, we are open until 1 am and if you ask Gary (aka muzz) the dj between sets he will put you right with any rock requests (I have seen his play list, he should have it).

Live set are 30-45 minutes long to space them out through the night inter mixed with muzz when he’s not holding up the bar or generally carping that the police pursuit cars are getting faster and his bikes are getting slower .

For example this weekend we have :

Red mosquito : sets include: the kinks, Led Zeppelin, the Undertones, Blur

(http://www.redmosquito.info/)

Mpg : sets include ac/dc, hendrix, zz top, cream ,free, deep purple and black Sabbath

Both this weeks bands are on at 9:30 10:30 and 11:30

Muzz plays the rawk from 8.30ish (again if we can lever him away from the bar) and as always entrance is Free!

Have either of you tried the Dove & Rainbow.

They play a good selection of rock - classic and newer.

I'm sure Goldenfleece will be along soon (It's his boozer) :D

You will find we are very classic rock orientated down here,SIX nights a week too!!! Your best bet is a Friday or Saturday, when I play a good mix of classic stuff from the 60's to early 90's, all blended with some newer rock/punk/metal material as well for the 'kiddies'. Usually this is quite 80's biased with stuff from Rainbow, Whitesnake, Van Halen, GnR, Saxon, AC/DC, Leppard, Thin Lizzy, Poison, Metallica, Megadeth, Dogs D'amour, Cinderlella, Bon Jovi, Cult, etc etc, but it depends on what groups of people are in.But as we are driven purely by customer requests, you get what you ask for, and nothing less!!! Happy to play classic rock all night if enough people ask me...and if there is a major Boardwalk gig tribute, ie Live wire AC/DC tribute, Lime house Lizzy, etc, you can be assured the whole night will be very biased towards that genre of classic rock, as we get all the pre Boardwalk crowds in both before and after the gigs.....

other nights you will also find a good selection of classics, especially Wednesdays with Dead Night Club night, which features all those classic rock hits of yesteryear.......

WE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!!

West street live on west street is sliding that way (like I ever had a problem with doing it in the first place ;-)) our live bands on a Friday and Saturday night 90% of the time play classic rock, we are open until 1 am and if you ask Gary (aka muzz) the dj between sets he will put you right with any rock requests (I have seen his play list, he should have it).

Live set are 30-45 minutes long to space them out through the night inter mixed with muzz when he’s not holding up the bar or generally carping that the police pursuit cars are getting faster and his bikes are getting slower .

For example this weekend we have :

Red mosquito : sets include: the kinks, Led Zeppelin, the Undertones, Blur

(http://www.redmosquito.info/)

Mpg : sets include ac/dc, hendrix, zz top, cream ,free, deep purple and black Sabbath

Both this weeks bands are on at 9:30 10:30 and 11:30

Muzz plays the rawk from 8.30ish (again if we can lever him away from the bar) and as always entrance is Free!

The dj booth needs to be re-located behind the bar :hihi:

Well, 2 of the bars that play the best rock in town have replied to this thread, and I work in both of them !

Hmm, do I see a pattern emerging or is it just me into rock & beer :banana:

Hey, theres nothing wrong with enjoying your work !

Do you have to be a kid to be into some newer rock/punk/metal material

GOD I AM 47 :help:

not at all....It's just the majority of new rock tends to have a younger fan base....but then again, a lot of young people love classic rock as its kind of made a bit of a revival in a lot of ways.....I think if you are young at heart, this is all that counts:)

Archived