Waitrose on Ecclesall Road - Gemma the beggar is back

I once punched a beggar/junkie who treatened to rob me. It was outside Zavvi (then Virgin) on Fargate. I split my finger open and was then worried sick about having some disease off him. Ended up going for tests and everything.

you mean outside Republic, then Virgin, also known as Zavvi.

I thought gemma had gone up in the world!

I recently saw her sat drinking a coffee in cafe nero at the bottom of eccy rd near the pomona with a bloke who seemed to be all over her, I did hope she'd given up the begging game as she always seems to make a special beeline for myself and she doesn't half scare me! damn. back to running away when I see her then :(

She tried to get some money out of my friend last night outside the Sainsbury's opposite Waitrose petrol station, on London Road.

She was pointing to an invisible car saying it had broken down, and needed money for a bus...I'd be more worried about why my car was invisible that getting a bus to be honest!

This has to be the most bizarre thread ive ever read...extremely amusing mind. I have to say normally people who are down on their luck seem to just disappear into the background, gemma must be a huge character to have so many people chatting about her!! (however think ill try to avoid her!)

Archived