Waitrose on Ecclesall Road - Gemma the beggar is back

I thought gemma had gone up in the world!

I recently saw her sat drinking a coffee in cafe nero at the bottom of eccy rd near the pomona with a bloke who seemed to be all over her, I did hope she'd given up the begging game as she always seems to make a special beeline for myself and she doesn't half scare me! damn. back to running away when I see her then :(

She's probably become a gardener and was doing a bit of "hoing"

She tried to get some money out of my friend last night outside the Sainsbury's opposite Waitrose petrol station, on London Road.

She was pointing to an invisible car saying it had broken down, and needed money for a bus...I'd be more worried about why my car was invisible that getting a bus to be honest!

Ha ha! Brilliant!

• 1 month later...
That's okay. Only the other week I had a blood test after I'd slept with a long distance lorry driver and found I was HGV positive.

This one and your last couple of posts - you deserve a medal!!!!! Brilliant - cheered my lonely day stuck in front of this computer up no end. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::D:D

• 1 year later...

I've been wondering for ages if I would get to meet this local character and just reading some of the earlier posts with descriptions I realised I have had a strange late night encounter with her.

I was just going for a pint down Kelham Island one night and as I passed her on the footpath she stopped me, and in the most matter of fact way as though she didn't even expect me to believe her said 'I've just been mugged down there' then kind of pointed in a half arsed kind of way to nothing in particular before asking me if I could lend her a pound for the tram home.

I explained that I didn't have any money on me and she just strolled off on her way, she didn't come across as aggressive or pushy in anyway at all but it was quite odd that she made no effort at all to appear as the victim of a mugging.

I once encountered her on the way home after the pub one friday night.

I'd had enough of her and her type at the time because i lived in town, so was being asked perhaps at least once a day for any spare cash.

Seeing what was coming as she opened her mouth I asked her for 50p. Needless to say she didn't know what to say in return.

However, I wouldnt recommend this to anyone - its best just to walk on by!

Archived