Leopold Square - wheres good to eat?

manzmanz

Platillo's is good, Zizzi's was awful.

totally agree, platillos food and service is lovely. Zizzi's is terrible in every respect apart from the decor which is quite pleasant, i decided after looking at it for several hours whilst waiting for my food.

totally agree, platillos food and service is lovely. Zizzi's is terrible in every respect apart from the decor which is quite pleasant, i decided after looking at it for several hours whilst waiting for my food.

I went to Zizzis and it was fine, we were in and out in less than an hour, the food was lovely, the waitresses were friendly and the decor is nice too. Interesting that Zizzis had people eaing in it and had an atmosphere when Strada had not a single person dining at 6.30 on a Friday evening.

I went to Zizzi for a work do last week and I thought it was pretty good. General consensus round the table was that the pasta dishes were better than the pizzas. Can't comment on the speed of service as I doubt a big party of 30+ on the set menu is comparable with a normal table-for-4 type meal.

• 1 year later...
The Indian restaurant, Aagrah, is excellent !!!:thumbsup:

I loved the food in there when I last went in (beginning of July). It was absolutely lovely.

However, because of the high amount of customers in there they do try and get you in and out as quickly as possible. As soon as we were seated we had someone asking us what we wanted. As soon as we finished eating someone was there to clear the plates and get the bill.

We were waiting for our seats for about 25 minutes and I think we actually spent less time than that at the actual table.

Great food, can't say enough good things about it, but there is a real sense of a conveyor belt mentality.

When I went to Platillo's food was average at best. They also forgot to fetch 3 dishes, and even after we mentioned it, one never turned up. They did try charging for it though.

Went to Zizzi's last week, they have a 2 meals for £10 offer on the net, via a printable voucher. They also have a main meal and a drink for £7.50 offer at dinner (for an extra £2 you can add a starter or sweet). The meals we had were good and value for money. Wouldn't like to think I'd paid over £10 for my risotto, but at a fiver I'd go again.

• 1 month later...

Archived