The Moon pub (formerly The Office)

Andy C

A rather unwarranted and inaccurate attack, I think. If you're a fan of the paler, hoppier real ales, I'd argue that Abbeydale's products are amongst the best not just locally but nationwide. As a connoisseur of this beer style I'd rate Abbeydale in the top 4, only just behind Oakham, Durham and Wentworth.

I agree, I do enjoy many of the Abbeydale ales and I would consider them to to currently the BEST available from local brewers.

Stay at home with your fags. You wont be missed.

Good point - as a smoker and regular pub go-er I've noticed how trade is soaring since all the non-smokers who never went out when smoking was allowed, and moaned about it, have all suddenly started flocking into the pubs since the smoking ban.

I can barely get to the bar in my local some nights.

I wouldn't put Abbeydale even in the top 20, but I suppose taste is subjective. I still pay less than £2 a pint for similar real ales to moonshine. I have not noticed more people in pubs post smoking ban. Certainly the rate at which pubs are closing is accelerating faster now than ever, which suggests trade is falling. I didnt plan an "attack" on Abbeydale, thats just my opinion, since The Moon has closed because people won't buy beer there, perhaps other people share my views too. Didn't intend to upset anyone ! Happy drinking !

Archived