Edward & Mary Smith Family

davanel

Difficult I know with name Smith but does anyone know of the family of EDWARD SMITH & MARY HILL.

They lived in Motehill rd in 1926.We know they had at least 2 children, my father Frank a & brother Percy.

Frank moved to Scotland after the war with his wife Sylvia from Scarborough & son David. They lost touch with the Sheffield branch of the family inthe 60's/70's

it would be good to trace some of the family

Thanks

I don't know if this helps but...

If Percy is the Percy SMITH, mother's maiden name HILL, who's birth was registered in Sheffield in 3rd Quater 1920, then this may be an entry for him in the death register:

GRO Deaths 2000

SMITH Percy

date of birth: 16-JUL-1920

death registered at: SHEFFIELD

District Code: 0481H

Register No.: H73A

Entry No.: 060

date registered: May 2000

There may be a death notice in the Star, or you could obtain a death certificate which may have his home address and may have a family member as informant. Or you could put a message in the contact column of the Star appealing for relatives to get in touch.

Do you know if Percy married?

Hugh

Thanks Hugh.

I had got as far as posiibly discovering his date of death but no further. Living in Scotland knowing where & whom to contact is a problem. I shall send for a death certificate & write to the star. We have my fathers wedding photo with a man we believe may be his father & also his brother.& will send a copy to the star as well.

I am grateful for your help.

Regards

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Have contacted Star contact column & it has produced great results immediately. I have now been in contact with two of my new found cousins & know of all my fathers siblings & am going to Sheffield to meet them all soon.

Many thanks

David

Archived