Car Drivers - Do Motorcyclists Annoy You

Car Drivers - Do Motorcyclists Annoy You  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Car Drivers - Do Motorcyclists Annoy You

• They annoy me and I try and close any gap
    • They annoy me but I don't close any gap
    • They should wait their turn like me
    • What's the problem as long as they do it correctly

As there seems to be a few posts regarding driving on SF at the moment, I'd like to pose this question:

As a car driver what are your feelings towards motorcylists who filter through slow or stationary traffic in the correct lawful manner, does it wind you up, do you close the gap or do you think it's fine as long as they do so correctly.

Personaly i dont have a problem with that, provided that the motorcyclist has lights on so i stand better chance of seeing him.

What does wind me up is the captain scarlet moped/scooter/hairdrier brigade that thinks its ok to pass on the left even if traffic is moving at 30mph or so, if at those kinds of speeds if they want to get past they should do it properly and pass on the right. I drive a high sider with large blind spots and cannot always see these people.....its just dangerous, not to me but for them.

The ones that run around Gleadless with masks on and no helmet on old trials bikes do but i'm an ex biker and the general two wheeler on todays roads seem pretty well clued up and decent riders.There's a thread i saw on here today but didn't have time to comment on about a scare a horse rider had on the roads,car drivers seem to cause most probs today.

Provided that people stick to teh rules of the road I have no problems.

I really dislike people on push-bikes or motorbikes / scooters coming up on the left when I'm at lights. I once had a near miss with someone when I was waiting to turn left at lights. This fellow on a scooter snook up and ended up agaisnt the side of my car - despite the fact I had my indicators on.

Fortunately I checked before turning; had I not he'd have been a casualty - he was turning left as well. :rolleyes:

But, provided folks are sensible - no problemmo.

If a biker gets frustrated because of car drivers deliberately preventing him from getting through, eventually he's going to say "what's the point?" and go back to a car. Then that's one more car on the road you're going to be stuck behind.

I dont think so,most motorists are courtious towards bikers,although you do get the odd to55er,most realise they havnt got a hope in hell of holding you for long.

I think you will find that the majority of bikers nowadays also have cars.

Archived