The Jerry Under The Bed.

Oh! the tin baths, my Grandmother had a copper one ,she would put it in front of the fire for me and while I was having a good soak, she would be picking nits out of my hair with the nit comb, it was so relaxing, those were the days, tin baths and nit picking :hihi:

That reminds me of a rhyme, we used to sing as kids in the 60's ..

"Have you ever had your ****s in the mangle

Some silly bugger turned the handle

Your ****s went pop

It paralyzed your ***k

Have you ever had your ****s in the mangle"

:)

I knew that rhyme too, too scared to say it!

Ive smelled pee after its put out a fire (Dont ask!) and its a horrible stench. I bet it hung around for days too :D

I Can hear my Aunt Edna now, shouting "You're doing that again and It smells Awful"

But as time progressed we got our first gas fire, but when I did the same to it .. the gas fire seemed to go out.:(

I remember the pot hot water bottles - mine was brown and cream stone, with a little handle on it. It looked like a Moonshine bottle from the Deep South! And yes, they got VERY hot!

I used to wrap mine in a towel and would moveit around my bed for the hour or so before I turned in.

I also remember the 'Po' or the 'Jerry' under the bed...fortunately I never had to use it to put out bedroom blazes. :)

Archived