Wedding Dresses - Cheap designer copies from China

Katie, that dress is shocking. did you get your money back? you must have been gutted i know i would be, there is some good designers in China and if you do your homework ie, speak to people on you and your wedding website that have had them made etc most have got beautiful dresses made. Oh by the way love the dress that was my 2nd choice x
Yes I got my money back after lots of nasty bickering via Email :)

I now have my perfect wedding dress - although that incident put me off that particular dress completely, even the real version! I decided I wanted something slinky and floaty, not corseted with lots of heavy layers etc.

I went to Avorio (under West One) and fell in love with a Jenny Packham dress - one that Liz Hurley wore for part of her wedding!

front

more pics

Just after i'd managed to talk my partner round into letting me buy one from ebay, i don't think i will be now!

aww :( I got mine from ebay and it was fab! I agree there are risks though, and I wouldnt buy from China. Hope you get your money back KatieB!

Yes I got my money back after lots of nasty bickering via Email :)

I now have my perfect wedding dress - although that incident put me off that particular dress completely, even the real version! I decided I wanted something slinky and floaty, not corseted with lots of heavy layers etc.

I went to Avorio (under West One) and fell in love with a Jenny Packham dress - one that Liz Hurley wore for part of her wedding!

front

more pics

just read this, glad it was all ok in the end! I LOVE the other dress, wish i had the figure for it!

Thanks honeyB, looby & binty! :)

Binty - maybe don't let it put you off completely - just make sure you're very careful about who you order from and what their returns policy is. And if you don't get your hopes up completely, when it arrives and is lovely then you'll be extra pleased because you'll be suprised!! :D

As you can see, lots of other people have been pleased with their internet bargains.

And don't forget, I didn't actually get mine from Ebay - god knows where she got it from! :confused: I assume she had got it from Ebay & when it arrived she saw it was rubbish and flogged it on - but it was dead cheeky of her to pretend it was genuine. If she had been honest from the start then I wouldn't have got so excited then felt so let down.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I run wedding dress party service!

I come round to your house and bring loads and loads of dresses in your size for you to try on in your own home and show your mum/sisters/bridesmaids/dog! lol

Anyway if anyone is interested I have a website (which I cannot post yet until I have 5 postings! grrrr!) email address is bellesbrides@yahoo.co.uk for more info! or ring 0114 2499775

I currently have 24 dresses in stock (most designer) and not one of them is over £400!

gimme a shout and see if I can help, I do not charge for parties!

Andrea

xxxx

Just for all those who are looking at ebay or a factory in China direct, all the pictures they use are from other websites, say for example a maggie Sottero dress. This means that you don't actually see what your dress will be.

I struggle to trust any designer that doesnt show you their own picture of the dress, rather someone else's, which is different material and different beading etc.

I agree that this can sometimes be a more affordable way of finding your wedding dress. But I dont think it is the best way, there are many dresses available at prices that are reasonably priced.

If a dress is £150 to you, how much do THEY make?, this means that the material is cheaper than the real thing, ok they haven't the overheads of a bridal shop so you can save then. BUT, you miss out on the experience and risk the danger that Katie had.

OK, I am biased, but these companies trick people into thinking you can get a particular dress on a picture, which is never the case. I am afraid you get a cheaper version. I admire all those who have got their dress this way and am pleased that most of you have not had a bad experience from it. I also apprecaite that for some this is the only way to get a wedding dress.

Probably opening myself up to alot of comments now, but just my views! x

Archived