Abourthorne central school

roughy101

i went to abourtorne central nursery, and primary school,does anyone remember mrs renshaw the nursery school teacher, and miss walton the head teacher of the infants/ junior school. i found a picture of myself on friends reunited, dressed as a golliwog in a shchool play. i laughed my backside off,couldnt do that today though, not politicaly correct,lol.

I went to Arbourthorne Central Nursery and school for the 1st few yrs of my school life. Now you have mentioned the name yes I do remember Miss Walton and Mrs Renshaw rings a bell.

Very faint bell. Think I remember Miss Humfreys, we lay down to sleep on mats in the afternoon.

I would be there in about 1940, there after the blitz. We used to stay for teas there too and then go to Play centre.

I left when I was about 6yrs but remember sitting next to a boy named Danny Wild.

Hazel

well what a coincidence danny wild is my uncle,i went there in 1952,they had gone up in the world by then,and we used to sleep on camp beds in the afternoon,,they used to give us a cooked breakfast in a morning and i contracted dysintry, i remember i was very ill for a long time.

All I can remember of Danny Wild is that he had a very short hair cut and seemed to belong to a large family of boys. Ii got an idea they lived across from the school ? fellbrigg.

Can't remember the breakfasts, but perhaps we didn't get up in time

I remember taking my mom's wedding veil to wear as Mary in the natiivity play--- prob got the part as the only one with the headress.

Hazel

Originally posted by roughy101

i went to abourtorne central nursery, and primary school,does anyone remember mrs renshaw the nursery school teacher, and miss walton the head teacher of the infants/ junior school. i found a picture of myself on friends reunited, dressed as a golliwog in a shchool play. i laughed my backside off,couldnt do that today though, not politicaly correct,lol.

Did all my schooling at Arbourthorne Centrol nursury to Hurlfield Boys .Started nursury about 1954 or 55 left HurlfieldBoys in 1966. Mrs Renshaw I remember I also remember the camp beds we slept on.Lived on Arbourthorne Rd till 1966 before moving to Melbourne Aust. WHAT MEMORIES.

OH my goodness, it's like "arbourthorners reunited!" (chuckles)

I lived on arbourthorne road, too, for a long while, then in a flat, at the back of the old Carlton cinema (the "Ice-box!") and later in one of the finnegan-houses near eastbank road!

My father was on Arbourthorne Road for 25 years, we moved in on my fifteenth birthday. (as you can imagine, I was not best impressed at having to move house on my birthday!)

PT

Archived