Parkour/freerunning (for anyone who has just seen jump britain)

Sleap

ok, the jam is on the 29th, bad weather will not cause the session to be cancled (tho it will probably make most people drop out i will still be out at least, there is some covered action to be had, and if not then can still meet up with other people.)

for further info about jan29 chack out the message boards on northerparkour.com and the local action message board on urbanfreeflow.com (both have videos and pics you can see)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Like most people, i saw the programmes on TV about Parkour and loved it. What im trying to do now is find out where the scene is in Sheffield because i want to take a shed-load of photo's of people doing it ( i might try too if someone will hold my camera ). Once this is done, the images will be sent to any PK mag i can find as a shameless attempt at getting something published that's worth looking at.

Volunteers?

hi again ppl,

just wanted to reply to 'Eyelikedurt' 's last post about the "parkour scene in sheffield" lol, the post-'JumpBritain' scene has just been created for us lot in/around Sheffield (inc York (YPK crew) lol) to make parkour available for ANYONE to get started with, the organisers (btw - great job, guys!) such as sleap etc, get all the kids who just wanna go out there and "do parkour" together on these great (now fortnightly) gatherings, which started as a jam on the 29th of jan (often referred to as "the thing on the 29th") the first one since then woz on the 12th, and it carries on every two weeks, 12:00 on the odeon complex in Sheffield, you literally cant miss us. its a regular jam for anyone who's interested in "doing pk" and it really is a great day out, we have such a laugh, meet new people that you share interests with, all the guys that go along are sound, its just great. i am not one of the organisers, im just trying to spread the word, get more people along. in the exact words of the almighty sleap, "everyone welcome regardless of age, gender, skill or hair colour" and he means it! there were even ginger people there last time...

anyways, if anyone has any questions, just email me (adress below), and anyone who was at the jam on the 29th, add me on msn: my_thoughts_send_me_on_a_carousel (at) hotmail.com

cya'll at the fortnightly get-togethers, hopefully.

Ben!

ps - does ANYONE have any photos or video footage from the 29th, or know where i can get some of it? ive been trying to get hold of some but ive not found any anywhere so far. thanks.

FYI - Theres a free running club thats starting tonight at Hallam uni, it a private booking but I believe all are welcome. I'm not part of it, I work at the uni and have seen it on the booking sheets.

Its at the pearson building on coll campus 7-9.

Directions - go up Broomgrove rd (opp cafe rouge on eccy rd), opp southgrove rd turning on left theres a big green building, thats the pearson building. The entrance is on the other side of the building from the road.

If anyone goes tell us what its like.

Dave

• 7 months later...

I saw the TV programme and thought the people on it were excellent gymnasts - amazing stuff.

but this bit of this thread had me in stitches!!!

Originally posted by skaterben182

were all skaters (2skateboarders/2 inliners) age 16 from sheffield n we live EXTREME LIVES.

one question about parkour...i take it that you can't free-run when its wet and slippery and its looking quite rainy this month

WE'RE EXTREME - BUT ONLY IN NICE WEATHER :D

Archived