Favourite pub crawls

belperite

Originally posted by Deejay

Ranmoor Inn (into Broomhill)

Nice little pub that.

If you work in Attercliffe/Carbrook there's always:

Enfield > Wentworth > Cocked Hat > Carlton

You could also go in Brewsters or the Noose and Gibbett if you really wanted :suspect:

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Managed 11 boozers

I hope you didn't "wus out" and have only a half or a small bottle[eg budweiser] in any of these. As a pub crawl only counts if a full pint is taken in every establishment.

My record was 14 pints in 2002,

I could only manage 10 in 2004

My record is 18 pints in 1989, around the same time I had a few 14 and 15 pint days. Couldn't do that now (I'm relieved to admit).

I can still do ten though. Stella. (I love Stella - it just hates me!)

Some good pub crawls here. Glad to see interest in real boozers (ie, Bath Hotel) and not the fake type places. But I got to be honest - I go to York quite often and for one reason: to do the pubs. Talk about fall out of one into another. And they're all ace! And I've been doing so since 1988!!!!

Been registered on here for ages but never bothered to post but as it's friday & work is really boring I thought I'd share this pub crawl idea...

ever heard of an alphabet run? the basic idea being you go to 26 pubs each beginning with a different letter.

Here are 3 of them what I've done in last 2 years: (Now OK, there's a few exceptions - have to repeat a few letters - & if ever you tried doing it in abc order, the logistics would be enough to make you mad, never mind the ale!!)

abc1: George IV, Nags Head, Under the Boardwalk, Banker's Draft, Aunt Sallys, Harley Hotel, Swimm Inn, O'Neills, Cavendish, Varsity, Red Deer, Walkabout, Edwards, Lloyds, JD Wetherspoons, Matrix, Yates, Dickins, Ice Bar, Flares, 80s, Kornerhouse, The Old Monk, Penny Blacks, Queens Head, Roundhouse

abc2: George IV, Harley Hotel, Nursery Tavern, Champs, Varsity, Pomona, Matrix, Empire, Kornerhouse, JD Wetherspoons, Banker's Draft, Art Room, Cubana, Dog & Partridge, Walkabout, Rat & Parrott, Saddle, Flares, Ice Bar, Dickins, Yates, Lloyds, 80s, Old Monk, Brown Bear, Queens Head, Penny Blacks, Roundhouse

abc3: Deep End, Queens Ground, george IV, nursery, Champs, varsity, pomona, matrix, empire, kornerhouse, jd wetherspoons, lloyds, old monk, harley, Swimm Inn, Cavendish, Revolution, varsity, BRB, tequila bar, 80s, walkabout, yates, ice bar, flares, reflex

in terms of drinking, for the first 2 runs we mainly had halves in all of the pubs so that's 13 pints on the 1st & 14 in the 2nd (for some unknown reason we ended up doing 28 pubs). the last one we did recently to relive a few memories we were on bottles & pints all day...

For my birthday a couple of years back I suggested taking it further & having a drink beginning with the SAME letter of the pub (i.e. gin and tonic - George IV, vodka & coke - Varsity, etc) but we thought best against it...very wise!

Anyway, I'm sure with some of the posters' knowledge of ale-houses you could come up with a few other routes within Sheffield...

The SUFC pub crawl.

The Railway - The Cricketers - The Sportsman - Off to the match then afterwards:

The Pomona - Varsity - Nursery - Champs then off to Naps for a late drink.

Shame Bar 101 shut down - there again the landlord was a bit of a muppet.

:hihi:

Archived