Favourite pub crawls

belperite

Last pub crawl I did took in the Malin, Anvil, Rose and Crown and the Crown and Glove, all situated between Hillsborough and Stannington.

Crown and Glove on a Monday or Wednesday night is tops cos they have quiz night on those nights, I've won a few times, woot! Go me! :D

The whole Crookes/Crookesmoor thing is pretty quality. My record was 13 in 3 hours. It was a test of strength, speed and stamina. We had to run at times (and get a taxi backup to Crookes). It was buyers choice in each one, which meant lots of horrid stuff like Sambuca, Pernod, Goldschlager and Ouzo to name a few. Fair to say I was shouting on the big white phone that night.

The run was:

Ball -> Spinrocs (restuarant, but does San Miguel) -> Masons Arms -> Hallamshire Hotel -> Grindstone -> Noah's Ark -> Cobden View -> Closed Shop -> Hallamshire -> Springvale -> Hadfield Arms -> Punchbowl (where we met Elvis) -> Jazz (again a restuarant, but does stupid German stuff).

Result.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Crookes pub crawl yesterday. Started at the Ball, and worked our way down through Broomhill having a pint in every pub on the way. Ended up at Star and Garter where Mrs Patchy more or less took over the karaoke. Apparently I had an attempt at singing on it, but I have no memory of it! :confused:

Back in my youth THE pub crawl was to start in the Crown at Heeley Bottom, then the Lions (Red and White), Bridge, Royal and every boozer on way down London Road, including slight detours off to include likes of Sheldon etc., finishing off in Tiffany's. :clap:

Originally posted by frenchfrie

Back in my youth THE pub crawl was to start in the Crown at Heeley Bottom, then the Lions (Red and White), Bridge, Royal and every boozer on way down London Road, including slight detours off to include likes of Sheldon etc., finishing off in Tiffany's. :clap:

That will probably be our next crawl... that's if I ever recover from last night!

Archived