Is Jabu's Closing Down?

saleshark

Heard a rumour that Jabu's is closing down sometime in Feb. Im hoping this is an evil rumour. As one of the few only 'different' restaurants in Shef it would be a shame to see it close down.

Anyone heard anything?

Phone up and ask them. I will be interested in the answer as it's one of the best restaurant experiences in Sheffield and I would be sad to see it close.

jabu's my favourite restaurant EVER.

Absolutely brilliant in every way.

It has been in Limbo for ages now because apparently the noodle bar a couple of doors down has bought it / is in the process of buying it. The staff there still say it's gonna close, they just don't know exactly when.

All i'd say is, if you read this forum Noodle Bar guy- don't change a thing!!

aaaarrrrggggghhhh! is this the one fairly close to the london road gallery? or at least down towards that end of the road?

my friend is visiting the 1st weekend in february from london and ive promised her we will go to the hotpot restaurant......which i think is this one!!!!

booga!

x

I agree - Jabu is the best eating experience in Sheffield. I never get bored of prodding my live razor clams and watching them wriggle before dunking them in the pot. The manager said it wwas closing months ago. When I last went in December she said it was still closing but wasn't sure when - some legal dispute or something. However, she did say that it was possible the food would stay the same. Let's hope . . .

Is it good for vegetarians? What sort of thing would you get if veggie?

Do you have to book?

It's fine for veggies, there are loads of vegetable dishes, tofu, noodles etc. I'd say booking was essential to avoid disappointment, it's only a small place and they don't rush you so the tables stayed occupied for hours sometimes.

Archived