Help with a leaking toilet cistern

Hi does anyone have a soft cream toilet cistern as mine has sprung a leak and brought half the kitchen ceiling down,its a tiny crack in the cistern so cant really be mended we tried putting sealant on it but it didnt last long,We dont want to pay a lot as we will be having a new bathroom suite later in the year

Thanks Clare

Hi does anyone have a soft cream toilet cistern as mine has sprung a leak and brought half the kitchen ceiling down,its a tiny crack in the cistern so cant really be mended we tried putting sealant on it but it didnt last long,We dont want to pay a lot as we will be having a new bathroom suite later in the year

Thanks Clare

Is it a close coupled one you're after?

Has suggested the way to solve this it to actually replace the seal.

Messing with the arm ect will fix it temp if in dead it does at all, your going to have to fix it properly at some stage.

Either do the seal or replace the whole unit, don't cut corners.

Not sure what does that mean?
Is it one that sits directly on the back of the pan or is it one that is mounted seperately a bit higher on the wall with a pipe between it and the flush.

I have a cream close coupled one that has just been removed. Don't know if the connections are standard sizes though and are compatible. I'm pretty sure it didn't get damaged when it was removed, but will check later when I get home. You are welcome to it if you want to give it a try.

Archived