Denby St Nursery

Yep, lots of memories there.

Glad the items went to good homes, Purdyamos.

Ah now I know it's that one, it looks almost identical to the old blind institute works formally on Sharrow Lane, and Purdyamos's description reminds of what the blind institute looked like when I may have been inside after it had been abandoned.:suspect::hihi:

Reminds me of an incident about 1956 when my sister was there. She was about 3 and was taken poorly. I, aged 9 was sent for from Cecil Rd (St Barnabas) School, and I had to carry her all the way home to Lansdowne Rd, wrapped in a red blanket. I don`t know I how I managed as she must have been really heavy for me. Don`t know why my mum wasn`t contacted. As a widow with three young kids she was at work at a wholesale chemist Smith and Hill so should have been reachable.

Anyone else remember gonig to St. Mary's Church around christmas time to sing carols (sp?) with the little jangly bells you got given.

Also am i right thinking they had a slide aswell what looked huge when you was that little?

Dinner times were fun where you had to make you plate as clean as possible and alssinging 'you are my sunsine' i think it was. My first 'scrap' happened in there, i got a right scratch under my eye by this kid who at the time was my best mate. Also the 'fidh & chip' shop you played with the rubbr chips was fun!:hihi:

Wish i was still little lol.