Anyone from Wybourn?

electro

Does anyone remember the scrap yard behind the Manor Castle?

We spent many a weekend climbing all over those cars and the castle ( before they filled in the cellars), and those huge black outcrops between the castle and the farm.

Happy days

Everybody in Wybourn seems to know each other, other than me. I guess it's good for that kind of thing. Even when I get new neighbours, everyone always seems to know them and I'm just the loner. :suspect:

How long have you lived there Spyda?

:hihi: That's nearly as long as I have been on this planet.

Wybourn is not a bad area in terms of the people, but I personally don't think it looks nice at all. It looks a lot worse than it actually is. Good selection of local shops though, and 2 mobile grocery vans. :cool:

I hear ya Spyda.

I don't know a single person on Wybourn now but i would have no hesitation in walking around the place. In fact i think i mentioned i was around there a few weeks ago with my daughter.

It doesn't look nice at all but then again, how can an area look nice when the body that owns it does sod all to make it nice?

People living in areas like Wybourn are salt of the earth IMO. If someone was being beaten up in the street up Dore the locals would call the police. If someone was being beaten up on the Wybourn estate the closest person would more than likely step in to stop it.

this threads mad,,,

im off wybourn aswell and from what you've all been writing i know ,or know of a good few mentioned,, pk??? not cads by any chance?? LOL, Kinder?? jay perrozi's mate?, carltightlines has got to be me old mate jonesy!!!! LOL

kinder,,, i remember pat and mick,, old pat used to slip me a few on the slate while mick (landlord) wasnt lookin when ever i'd spent up for the night,, had loadsa free afterbirds in there !! PMSL!!

was sad to hear that mick had passed away not too long ago after speaking to one of jays sisters who lives on norfolk park!

most of you will, or will know of my mum as she will have been dinner lady for most of your grandkids at wybourn nursary,, she's the famous "AUNTY LAURA" lol

me mums maiden name was Moat,, she was from a big family of sisters and 1 brother, Johnny Moat, who sadly passed away about a year or 2 ago !!

i lived on the very end of outram rd all my life,, nursary and school end, next to gennal, and now live on southend road across from farmers field,, near emmaus (st ozzy's school)

wybourns a great place, not half as bad as people make out !!!

lived on wybourn all my life and never had a spot of bother !!!

ok, so there are a few nutcases, but the good far outway the bad !!!

Edited by LeakyLloyd

this threads mad,,,

im off wybourn aswell and from what you've all been writing i know ,or know of a good few mentioned,, pk??? not cads by any chance?? LOL, Kinder?? jay perrozi's mate?, carltightlines has got to be me old mate jonesy!!!! LOL

kinder,,, i remember pat and mick,, old pat used to slip me free pint while mick (landlord) wasnt lookin when ever i'd spent up for the night,, had loads free afterbirds in there !! PMSL!!

was sad to hear that mick had passed away not too long ago after speaking to one of jays sisters who lives on norfolk park!

most of you will, or will know of my mum as she will have been dinner lady for most of your grandkids at wybourn nursary,, she's the famous "AUNTY LAURA" lol

me mums maiden name was Moat,, she was from a big family of sisters and 1 brother, Johnny Moat, who sadly passed away about a year or 2 ago !!

i lived on the very end of outram rd all my life,, nursary and school end, next to gennal, and now live on southend road across from farmers field,, near emmaus (st ozzy's school)

wybourns a great place, not half as bad as people make out !!!

lived on wybourn all my life and never had a spot of bother !!!

ok, so there are a few nutcases, but the good far outway the bad !!!

Hey up lloyd, it's chilli, on our lasses account, when you guna sort me bathroom floor out its been a year na!!

I hope this is the right lloyd...

Another one for the wybourn count up here :)