Sheffield Traditional Heritage Museum

I did! It was great :D We had a good potter about, there's loads of brilliant things in there, and we spent a lot of time pointing stuff out that our parents and grandparents had in their houses.

It's definitely worth a look round! We spent about an hour in there I think. The chemist shop is brilliant. :thumbsup:

I didn't go on Saturday but I have been several times before, it is one of my favourite places :)

We have often been with the home ed group, they do a lovely wash day activity with the children that they really enjoy, and they let them dress up and play shop in some of the reconstructed shops which is always great fun.

Is the museum's future secure, do you know? I am not sure who runs it or how it is financed?

Yes, we went, it is brilliant for anyone who has memories of grocer's, chemist, cobblers and various shops plus seeing how grinders worked their machines. All the products which we could remember from our everyday lives are there to rekindle those memories.

The volunteers are on hand to answer questions and they are very helpful and polite, it's very well organised.

We would suggest that anyone who hasn't seen it to get to know the opening days, it's well worth the visit.

Yes, we went on Saturday, we really enjoyed it. The staff are very enthusiastic and make you feel very welcome. As we no longer live in Sheffield it was a good nostalgic day out for us. We also went to Bingham Park and walked up to Forge Dam Cafe. Was glad to see it was still there and still as good. Great weather too Saturday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived