Gardener's Rest query

Lotusflower

• 1 year later...

According to the latest issue of CAMRA's "What's Brewing " magazine the Gardener's Rest has now been deleted from the Good Beer Guide on the grounds of "Closure due to flooding".

As this is hardly topical given that the floods were over 18 months ago, it does rather imply that it's closed its doors for good.

According to the latest issue of CAMRA's "What's Brewing " magazine the Gardener's Rest has now been deleted from the Good Beer Guide on the grounds of "Closure due to flooding".

As this is hardly topical given that the floods were over 18 months ago, it does rather imply that it's closed its doors for good.

We went on a cycle pub crawl of Neepsend at the weekend. We were disappointed to find the Gardner's was shut. I took a look through the windows and although a lot of work has been done there is still no plaster on the walls and bare wires were hanging out. It didn't look like much had happened for months. :(

I am glad to hear that work should soon be resuming, but I cannot imagine it being open for business in the next few weeks.:mad:

We went on a cycle pub crawl of Neepsend at the weekend. We were disappointed to find the Gardner's was shut. I took a look through the windows and although a lot of work has been done there is still no plaster on the walls and bare wires were hanging out. It didn't look like much had happened for months. :(

I am glad to hear that work should soon be resuming, but I cannot imagine it being open for business in the next few weeks.:mad:

Kelham Tavern landlord told me that the Gardener's guy had trouble with hi insurance paying out... Then I heard he had sone in with the Hillsborough Hotel landlord on Crown?

It's sad to think it may never re-open. I imagine most of the regulars will have put roots down in other places by now and it's not a good financial climate to be opening a pub. But then again, real ale drinkers have long standing loyalty and are a lot less likely to stay away in favour of drinking cheap supermarket beer than other kinds of drinkers so who knows?

I hear the landlord is running a microbrewery now, it's good to think that he hasn't lost his livelihood.

Archived