Gardener's Rest query

Lotusflower

It's sad to think it may never re-open. I imagine most of the regulars will have put roots down in other places by now and it's not a good financial climate to be opening a pub. But then again, real ale drinkers have long standing loyalty and are a lot less likely to stay away in favour of drinking cheap supermarket beer than other kinds of drinkers so who knows?

I hear the landlord is running a microbrewery now, it's good to think that he hasn't lost his livelihood.

The brewery, I believe, is this one. Mighty fine beer!

It's sad to think it may never re-open. I imagine most of the regulars will have put roots down in other places by now and it's not a good financial climate to be opening a pub. But then again, real ale drinkers have long standing loyalty and are a lot less likely to stay away in favour of drinking cheap supermarket beer than other kinds of drinkers so who knows?

I hear the landlord is running a microbrewery now, it's good to think that he hasn't lost his livelihood.

He is one of the directors of the Sheffield Brewery Company, however the biggest outlet for his beer was the Gardeners Rest, which acted as the brewery tap, so the closure of the Gardeners damaged the brewery's sales.

Incidentally, the brewery has a bar in it, and you can hire the bar area for special events.

Thanks for the information you two, it's useful to know. I hope Eddy manages to sell enough beer to keep his head above water as it were. I'll lend a hand to that cause.

The only one of the beers on the website I've tried is Seven Hills, I remember enjoying it but not what it tasted like. A good excuse to refresh my memory if ever there was one.

Archived